Corsair Community

Ll & ml

shEp187

Hi all,

I am new here to the forums and need 2 questions answered!

1. Can you run LL and ML fans through the same fan Hub/ channel with Nodepro?

2. If not what do i need to make it work?

I have already 3 x LL140 case fans and I recently purchased 2 x ML140's to replace the stock ones on my Rad but they will not light up nor change speed?

Cheers,

shEp

Yes, you should have another fan hub if you want to properly control the ML fans. That said, they should work on the same fan hub, you just won't be able to control them as ML fans, only as LL fans. The effects will be off.

You'd connect them to the next ports in the line and then add a single LL fan to the hub. The lighting effects are done by number of LEDs ... the ML fans have 4 while the LL fans have 16.

Yes, you should have another fan hub if you want to properly control the ML fans. That said, they should work on the same fan hub, you just won't be able to control them as ML fans, only as LL fans. The effects will be off.

You'd connect them to the next ports in the line and then add a single LL fan to the hub. The lighting effects are done by number of LEDs ... the ML fans have 4 while the LL fans have 16.

Thank you for the response. I would have got 2 more LL fans but I read somewhere that the ML's work better with Rad's?

I will pick one up tomorrow.

One more question! With the 2 new ML140's not being properly confiqured/ working damage my my cpu? Current CPU fan speed 1200rpm

Edited by shEp187

• 5 months later...

Dev please HELP!

I am facing a problem!

I purchased a Commander Pro.

I have just now installed it and one of two ML140 fans on my Rad will not light up?

First i had them plugged into the ComPro in fan ports 1 & 2 and my 3 LL140 fans plugged into the fan hub in LED channel 1.

Secondly i have plugged another fan hub into LED channel 2 with the ML's connected and still have the same problem?

Thirdly i have swapped the hubs around and all 3 LL's work fine but still have the same issue?

Just to think I forked out $800 on new ram and the ComPro and now i have to go out and buy a new ML140 :(

OK. So let's make sure that the MLs are together on the same fan hub. From there, make sure that the lighting channel is configured for 2 ML fans in iCue.

From there, if fan 1 works and fan 2 doesn't, swap them. Put #2 in the #1 slot and #1 in the #2 slot. The fans work in a series so one bad fan will take the others done.

Let me know how that goes. And, if nothing else, Corsair will RMA this. ;)

OK. So let's make sure that the MLs are together on the same fan hub. From there, make sure that the lighting channel is configured for 2 ML fans in iCue.

Correct fans on the each Hub

From there, if fan 1 works and fan 2 doesn't, swap them. Put #2 in the #1 slot and #1 in the #2 slot. The fans work in a series so one bad fan will take the others done.

Done. The fan that wasn't working is now working! and the fan that was working is now not grrr (dodgy fan hub)

Shame i cannot plug the fan into one of the other ports :(

Edited by Technobeard
fixed bbcode

Thanks Dev,

Appreciate the help! I'm in Australia so to RMA the fan hub seems pointless due to the length of time it will take! Ill just order another one.

Again thanks mate.

One quick question! Should i try throw a node in the loop!

Edited by Technobeard
merged posts

Thanks Dev,

Appreciate the help! I'm in Australia so to RMA the fan hub seems pointless due to the length of time it will take! Ill just order another one.

Again thanks mate.

If you want more RGBz ... sure. But you don't need it at the moment.

Thanks Dev,

Again thanks mate.

Why would you do that when you can just get a refund or replacement from the retailer in way less time? Even MSY does on the spot refunds.

Assuming you bought it from an Australian retailer you'll be covered by Australian Consumer Law.

When you said you'd swapped the hubs around, do you mean swapping the lighting channel they're plugged into (ch1 to ch2 and vice versa) or swapping the fans from one hub to the other?

Assuming you bought it from an Australian retailer you'll be covered by Australian Consumer Law.

When you said you'd swapped the hubs around, do you mean swapping the lighting channel they're plugged into (ch1 to ch2 and vice versa) or swapping the fans from one hub to the other?

I didn't try swapping the hubs around nor the LL's to the suspected faulty hub.

Just switched the 2 x ML's around on the same hub. So fan port #2 has power but no Lighting and the fan that is working the lighting is very dull.

I will try plugging the fan hub to a separate SATA power cable when i get home from work and see if there's any change. Will post the result!