Corsair Community

memory problem help details inside

dragonlordm

hello all please i need u help :)

so here is goes i have 2 pc3200 256 memory sticks and i dont know there mhz, i think it is 200 but i am not sure. i want to buy 2 more but i dont know what to buy. i think they suppusoe to opearte as 400 mhz bcz therey are dule. but my cpu bus seems to be working on 200.

i am confused. so i added all my computer spec in a html file (in a zip file).

so please adivse me what to buy. and what changes i need to make.

i want to buy 2 more 256 sticks so it would be 1 gig in total.

but if my memory sticks are only 200 mgz i will buy all new ones.

please help me dicde what to do - all new ones or to add two more sticks.

thanks dragonlord

Report.zip

PC3200 is 200 Mhz, but because it is DDR, it is used in conjunction with a 400 Mhz FSB. The memory is FINE.

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional

CPU Type Intel Pentium 4HT, 2800 MHz (3.5 x 800)

Motherboard Name MSI PT8 Neo-SR (MS-6799) (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DIMM, Audio)

Motherboard Chipset VIA Apollo PT880

System Memory 512 MB

What is the exact part and revison #s of the memory you currently have? Are they a TwinX pack?

How To Read the Memory Label

i have no idea what kind of pc3200 i have.........

i know i have 2 256 that is all , if u have some program that can indentify the spesipic kind please let me know

thanks

PC3200 is 200 Mhz, but because it is DDR, it is used in conjunction with a 400 Mhz FSB. The memory is FINE.

What is the exact part and revison #s of the memory you currently have? Are they a TwinX pack?

How To Read the Memory Label

grab Everest home at my webspace, look into mainboard and then look into SPD section there it will tell you your ram is PC3200 which indeed like Mr Write told you is 200Mhz ram. :D: (he's always rigth you now )

If I were you I wouldn't buy 2 new 256m ram dimms ( you need to get at least the same dimms as you have ), I would opt for the 2x512 to total one gig of ram. Using 4 dimms is risky bussiness and can be a real pain in the *** to get the performance out of it that you want :mad:

Grab the util here http://users.pandora.be/OAP/everesthome151.exe

why is it a risky bussiness to use 4 dimms ???? i mean 4 256k dual memorys sticks , will the preformnce be bad?????

grab Everest home at my webspace, look into mainboard and then look into SPD section there it will tell you your ram is PC3200 which indeed like Mr Write told you is 200Mhz ram. :D: (he's always rigth you now )

If I were you I wouldn't buy 2 new 256m ram dimms ( you need to get at least the same dimms as you have ), I would opt for the 2x512 to total one gig of ram. Using 4 dimms is risky bussiness and can be a real pain in the *** to get the performance out of it that you want :mad:

Grab the util here http://users.pandora.be/OAP/everesthome151.exe

Archived