Corsair Community

Hydro Series H80i GT and Gigabyte 970A-DS3P FX AM3+ -ATX Motherboard

davyg

had to swap out my ASRock 990fx Extreme6 Socket AM3+ 7.1 CH HD Audio ATX Motherboard and AMD FX 9370 4.4GHz Socket AM3+ 8MB L3 Cache for a Gigabyte 970A-DS3P FX AM3+, AMD FX-8350 4GHz Socket AM3+.

The old system with the Corsair cooling system worked just fine and quiet with no hassles, the old mobo had a 4 pin and 3 pin CPU header on it, the new mobo only has a 4 pin header and as such I can no longer control the fan speed of the cooler.... they were running at max speed, I have tried everything that I know to quieten the fans down, all to no avail.... I have since swapped the liquid cooler out for the AMD stock cpu heatsink/Fan, things are a lot quieter for sure, but I am not to happy about running this cpu without some sort of liquid cooling.

I also noticed that the Pump LED was only illuminating for a few seconds and then fading out when I powered on the comp system....

methinks that I am missing something, not enabling/disabling a BIOS setting.....

just irked that I am unable to utilize the Corsair water cooling system...

cheers for any heads up that anybody can provide to get the system running sweet.....

Edited by davyg

If you connect the radiator fans to the Y splitter from the H80i GT, then you control the fan speed through Corsair Link software (requires USB connection). 3 pin DC or 4 pin PWM won't matter. Set the CPU header to 100%/Maximum/Disabled or whatever language GA uses to indicate a constant 12v signal. Both header types can do this.

If you have connected the radiator fans directly to the motherboard, then you are stuck with whatever options are available on that header. Most are 3/4 pin auto select, but that is not universal. The fans that come with the H80i GT are PWM. It would be shocking to see a CPU fan header that is DC only.

many thanks for your reply.... :-)

yup. I tried that all already, just no go..no control of the fans at all...only one speed....bloody fast....LOL, no control either VIA the Link software....

the pump LED would'nt illuminate at all even though the usb cable was hooked up.... must be some other setting that I am missing or unaware off in the BIOS....

Does Link recognize the H80i GT? It’s own box with pump and fan speeds? You don’t have to mount the cooler for this. Any fan header at 12v/100% and the usb cable will work.

No, there shouldn’t be another bios setting unless you have desktop fan software that is overriding the bios controls.

I am concerned the led is out as well. This makes me wonder if you had some sort of electrical incident within the cooler and the controller is blown. Start a support ticket with Corsair.

cooler was working just fine when I powered down the old mobo and removed the cooler and fitted straight away to the new mobo..... I have fired off a support ticket to Gigabyte as I am nigh on certain that it has something to do with a setting or something that I have overlooked....

will keep ya posted..... cheers once again for the reply....

sheesh.. still no reply back from Gigabyte tech support... have had a few replies back from Corsair support ticket.... they want me to jump through hoops rather than try to assist me.... I inform them that I have no control at all over fan speed either via the BIOS or the Link software and that the USB link is not showing up in device manager... and then they ask me to take a screen shot of the performance profile of the link software.... ffs.... would appear I am talking to myself all the time....(I have since removed the cooling system and all Corsair software)....

I am now using the stock AMD HS/fan, can't get my head around all this... the old system was powered down and the working Corsair Hydro was removed from that and fitted to the new mobo immediately and then powered up... It has to be something really simple that I am overlooking....

Going to clean up the old Asrock Mobo and refit that + the Corsair Hydro and see how it goes....

removed the Gigabyte MOBO (running windows 7 pro) and fitted the old Asrock MOBO..... (running windows 10 pro) , I am able to control the Hydro fan speed from within the Asrock BIOS, no control over fan speed using the Corsair Link software, device is not showing up at all in "Device Manager", I have tried starting windows up in driver signature enforcement so as to be able to install drivers with no hassles from Windoze.... nothing is working at all.... even the CPU temp readout in Link software is erratic and drops down to zero.......methinks there may be a fault with the cooler system, have even tried routing a usb cable from the back of the computer to the pump head.... nada, zilch, zero..... nothing being found by windows....