Corsair Community

Commander Pro & RAM Fan LED's

kdk24

I have this package of RAM with the LED fan assembly: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/dominator-platinum-series-64gb-4-x-16gb-ddr4-dram-3466mhz-c16-memory-kit-cmd64gx4m4b3466c16

Right on that page it says, "With CORSAIR LINK software combined with CORSAIR Lighting Node PRO or Commander PRO (sold separately), you can control PWM fan speed directly from your Windows desktop, and change the built-in LEDs from their default red to any of 16.8 million colors to indicate fan speed, ambient system temperature, or GPU temperature. Or, just set the LED lighting color to match your system or your style."

Corsair Dustin indicated in another thread that it will NOT work with Commander PRO. The RAM + LED-fan package I have, the LED connector has a 4-pin connector, and the 2 LED connectors on the Commander PRO are only 3-pin connectors. Why on the product page does it clearly state that it WILL work with the Commander PRO to change the lighting when it seems unlikely, and what would I need to change the LED color on the fans that I have? Is there a 4-pin to 3-pin that would work?

ProdDescription.thumb.PNG.ca7d836e73e26e0783ca2c02531b14ad.PNG

Edited by kdk24