Corsair Community

Cant buy H110i 140l PWM fans seperately?

SLI_Fallen

My brand new H110i radiator is barely 3 weeks old and one of the two fans is clicking when under load (RPMs spinning up) Opened a ticket and I'm being told to contact the reseller (Newegg) for replacement. I see NO REASON to replace an entire radiator and lose use of my new computer for one lousy fan!

So I decided to just buy a new fan. Well, apparently I cannot buy this model fan (Corsair SP140L PWM) Separately. HUH?

Please tell me I have another option than to rip out and return a working radiator and lose the PC for ONE noisy fan! :eek:

It is this model. http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-series-h110i-gt-sp140l-140mm-replacement-fan

However, there a few rather things to consider.

1) Yes, replacing the entire cooler is ridiculous and I don't know why this was suggested. It is possible your location is a factor and warranty claims are handled differently in each country.

2) You don't buy the fans indicated above. I can't think of any reason to spend your own money on them. If Corsair is shipping you one, fine. If you have to buy, get something else. As mentioned above, anything in the ML140 series will be a dramatic improvement in sound quality with matching performance. Pick an LED color you like. Go black or grey. Whatever. The extra +$10 will be worth it on the first boot.

Thanks to all. I will buy a set of ML140's.

Corsair is not shipping me anything, nor replacing the radiator since it's within the first 30 days. I have to do that thru the reseller (Newegg) I am not blaming Corsair, per se. If I was outside of the first 30 days, but still within warranty, I'm pretty sure they would just send me another SP140L fan instead of a whole new kit. That's my only issue. Why cant I buy this fan when you would have to give me one under warranty outside of the initial 30 days. That's all.

A moot point, now. I'll just buy the ML140's and be done with it. Thanks again to all!!

Archived