Corsair Community

RMA Request: TwinX CMX256A-3200LL

Tuanies

I have a pair of Corsair TwinX CMX256A-3200LL that appear to be dying. When installed in the system the system occasionally refuses to POST and if it does the system is highly unstable and BSOD's or slows down to a crawl in a memory leak-esque fashion. When different memory was used the system ran fine. Before the memory was used for over a year perfectly. I haven't figured out which stick is defective and would like to RMA the pair to keep consistency for dual channel operation.

System specs:

Intel D875PBZ

P4 3.4E

2x256MB Ram

Radeon 9600XT

Terratec Aureon 7.1

Antec SX635

Windows XP

• Corsair Employees

First thing, Our hours are Monday Thru Friday 8:30AM to 5:30PM Pacific Time excluding holidays. So I am sorry but we are not here on the weekends.

Tuanies

Please update the MB bios and see if you have the option to set the Dim Voltage in your bios. If so please set it to 2.75 Volts and then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

First thing, Our hours are Monday Thru Friday 8:30AM to 5:30PM Pacific Time excluding holidays. So I am sorry but we are not here on the weekends.

Tuanies

Please update the MB bios and see if you have the option to set the Dim Voltage in your bios. If so please set it to 2.75 Volts and then test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

Will do, but I can't do that till I get to my parents house which won't be for a few weeks.

I think if you have bios version p27 or newer with the Intel D875PBZ you should have the voltage setting in the bios, so please check it and seee if you do.

The voltage setting is there and is usually set to 2.75. It was unstable un other systems as well.

I'm going to run memorytest now.

Archived