Corsair Community

DDR3 1866 Mhz compatibility

pangratt

Hello,

I am running Vengence 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9R) which was discontinued. I want to enlarge my memory to 16GB without replacing current memory kit. Is there any Corsair 2x4GB Kit I can add, which won´t slow the current memory?

TY. pangratt

• Corsair Employees
Hello,

I am running Vengence 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9R) which was discontinued. I want to enlarge my memory to 16GB without replacing current memory kit. Is there any Corsair 2x4GB Kit I can add, which won´t slow the current memory?

TY. pangratt

If you MUST add memory instead of replacing your kit with a new 16gb kit then I'd stick to the exact same kit part number as you have to double the memory.

Hello,

I have an additional question. I was able to get to another 8 GBkit which is close to the above mentioned. Part number is (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8). It has just slightly lower frequency and slightly better latency. Can I add it to the CL9 kit? Will they work together? I do not mind lowered performance a bit.

TY. pangratt

• Corsair Employees
Hello,

I have an additional question. I was able to get to another 8 GBkit which is close to the above mentioned. Part number is (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8). It has just slightly lower frequency and slightly better latency. Can I add it to the CL9 kit? Will they work together? I do not mind lowered performance a bit.

TY. pangratt

Same response as above, unfortunately. It may work, it may not. It may work but you'd have to tweak.