Corsair Community

2016 Corsair H115i Running hot 7700K idle 45 degree

Shinchan

Hi All,

My younger son's computer have an Corsair H115i on 7700K overclock to 4.8G on VPU 1.27V. When Idle, it was 45C.. and under 50% load, it shoots up to 80C (CPU) with H115i Temp reporting at 42C( 50% load). One of the pipe coming out of Corsair Is super hot. The Link is on Performance. Pump running at 3000RPM. FAN is 1500RMP. (FAN is ML140 Pro). and eventual the computer would shut down due to thermal protection on CPU. According to the Corsair Link, the H115I Pump and fan is running.

I end up purchase a new Corsair H115i on Amazon. Same computer, install... and now the computer with new H115i is running H115i (TEMP 32C at 100% CPU load.) CPU Package at 100% load is now stable at 75C in stress test.

How do i claim warranty on my older H115I?

Click on the Support Ticket System link at the top of this page in the header. You will need to create a Corsair account if you don't already have one (not the same as the forum account). Enter the information you have above and note the high coolant temperature at idle and the slow but continually climbing CPU temps. These are the classic signs of a flow problem. You will also need to upload a copy of the original invoice to show when the warranty period started.