Corsair Community

Control Individual LEDs w/ Link?

solarity

I have yet to buy the product and I have been thinking about buying the 3xHD-120 set + the lighting node pro combo. I know the digital LED strips inside the HD-120 are capable of individual control, though I am curious if the corsair link software will let you control the color of individual LEDs i.e.

1-4=Orange

5-12=White

Hi Buddy,,, Not an option in the Current Link I am afraid :(.. It's something a lot of us are asking for though.... the hardware is ready.. the software is a work in progress (we think.. have a search for Sync-it on you tube) Edited by Zotty

Hi Buddy,,, Not an option in the Current Link I am afraid :(.. It's something a lot of us are asking for though.... the hardware is ready.. the software is a work in progress (we think.. have a search for Sync-it on you tube)

Yeah, I have seen Sync IT before on this forum and saw the videos. It was announced this past summer and looks like it has a lot of potential. At least in the syncing of Corsair's products that currently run on CUE and Link. I keep bouncing back and forth from vary options. My motherboard has 2xAnalog RGBW headers on 1 channel and 2xDigital RGB headers on another header, though I took a look at the SDK for my Gigabyte Fusion and the functionality isn't all that great. The Fusion software is even worst.

It will be nice when all these RGB items can be controlled by one opensource software. The vendors should honestly back an open source solution like Aurora, granted I have yet to try it. As well as work on a standardized solution for connectors. If everything could be controlled from one point and left the software development to the community, I think everyone would be very happy. The problem right now is RGB lighting is relatively new and it hasn't found its groove. I am guessing all the proprietary connections are due from people who think they know enough, i.e. plugging 5v into 12v.

No one is going to be all Corsair or all Gigabyte, etc. I do like my K70 RGB LUX, my old man liked the way it felt so much and the lights, he bought one, though I liked the way the Logitech G403 felt, so I use that for my mouse.

I might be to impatient for a unified solution to come out. I might use a Raspberry PI to control the LEDs w/ a GPIO. I could get the Raspberry PI and a lot of Digital RGB strips for less than the lighting node pro. This would give me full control over the RGB, though I would need to figure out how I should setup communication between the PC and my raspberry pi. In any case the HD-120 would be the best choice for the static pressure and their light output. The new LL/ML don't come close to the HD-120 in terms of static pressure. I was hoping to hear some new things in CES2018.

click on led 1

click rainbowwave

click apply

(do not click copy to)

click on led 2

click say rainbow

click apply

and so on

He means each individual LED dude.. example.. HD fans have 12 LED's... Technically each can be controlled independently . LED 1 Blue.. LED 2 Green.. LEDs 4/5 and 6 orange,,, etc etc,.. it's the software that stop's us doing this at the moment!

112 led in my.

Ahh,, just starting out then ;): :D.. I run 24 strips and 12 fans..366 LEDs :eek: lol...

why would you want to controlled them independently

Why wouldn't You should be the question You are asking,, It's all very simple in the early stages of the addiction (RGBz).. but once You are mainlining Your G5ihZ4Us.gif.. You require bigger hits... :D::D:

Edited by Zotty
  • Confused 1

why would you want to controlled them independently that a 112 led in my.

Ahh,, just starting out then ;): :D.. I run 24 strips and 12 fans..366 LEDs :eek: lol...

Why wouldn't You should be the question You are asking,, It's all very simple in the early stages of the addiction (RGBz).. but once You are mainlining Your G5ihZ4Us.gif.. You require bigger hits... :D::D:

I am only talking about 1 Fan of 12 LEDs. I want to turn a rear exhaust fan into a OverWatch logo. I have a 3D printer. I could print the bottom/sides in black so it could act as a shadow outline and the orange area in white to act as a diffuser. I could set the top 3 leds to orange and the other 9 in white.

The only way I can do this as the Overwatch logo is round with two little arms coming off in the middle. This would be a perfect DIY project for the fan. Granted I could also just buy orange and white LED strips and use an existing fan...hrmm...

a12c1a69de0acc73_256x256.png

I am only talking about 1 Fan of 12 LEDs. I want to turn a rear exhaust fan into a OverWatch logo. I have a 3D printer. I could print the bottom/sides in black so it could act as a shadow outline and the orange area in white to act as a diffuser. I could set the top 3 leds to orange and the other 9 in white.

The only way I can do this as the Overwatch logo is round with two little arms coming off in the middle. This would be a perfect DIY project for the fan. Granted I could also just buy orange and white LED strips and use an existing fan...hrmm...

a12c1a69de0acc73_256x256.png

Unfortunately thats a no go with LINK at the moment dude :(

where you put all of them

I was talking about only doing this mod to one fan. My current system has 7 fans. Speaking of fans, I just found 2x9 fan arrays in the ewaste bin at work. The

I thought the Static Pressure of the HD-120 is ~2.25 and 1.88 for the SP-120 was decent, though I was shocked when I looked up the specs on the e-waste fans. One array has ~4.00 fans and the other one is a mind blowing ~10.00. This is all in mmH20, I never knew 10mmH20 fans existed for 120mm. They won't be quite though I am going to a few home, try out some fan connectors and see how they are. The 10mmH20 is the heaviest 120mm fan I have ever held. It has a huge hub and part of the hub is made out of metal. They are all listed as brush less.

I was talking about only doing this mod to one fan. My current system has 7 fans. Speaking of fans, I just found 2x9 fan arrays in the ewaste bin at work. The

I thought the Static Pressure of the HD-120 is ~2.25 and 1.88 for the SP-120 was decent, though I was shocked when I looked up the specs on the e-waste fans. One array has ~4.00 fans and the other one is a mind blowing ~10.00. This is all in mmH20, I never knew 10mmH20 fans existed for 120mm. They won't be quite though I am going to a few home, try out some fan connectors and see how they are. The 10mmH20 is the heaviest 120mm fan I have ever held. It has a huge hub and part of the hub is made out of metal. They are all listed as brush less.

So ... take care of the current draw for those fans.

Second ... you really get diminishing returns at higher pressure/air flow.