Corsair Community

H100iV2 - Radiator Fan connection question

noobie1

Hi Guys,

First post here, and probably the reason why I created an account.

I have a commander pro, rgb led controller, and 6 LL series fans, 2 of which are setup as radiator fans. I am having an issue with Corsair Link not being able to manage the fans for the Rad (Q fan control is off, and fans are full speed in the bios (pwm)

I am only seeing one fan in Corsair Link under the cooler tab, (I suspect this is because of the y splitter coming from my H100i V2 cooler, one of them is 4 pin and the other is 3 pin.) and the other fan is displayed as a motherboard fan, which I can't control the RPM's for. The other 4 fans are displaying just fine, and I can control the fan curve/ rpm for them individually.

Anyways to get straight to the question, would it hurt plugging in the Rad fans to the commander pro, and leaving the y splitter empty?

Attached are pics of my build.

Many thanks in advance.

IMG_20180213_194252.thumb.jpg.148bb17c977ec738289a5b42059f6783.jpg

IMG_20180213_194309.thumb.jpg.fb9f6183e02635b42b1994828124400c.jpg

Pretty build!

Can we get pics of your Link configuration? That'd be super helpful. And please fill out your system specs.

As for the fans ... you'll only see the RPM reading from one fan in Link. That's absolutely fine and normal. While you can put them on the Commander Pro (CoPro), you lose the ability to have their speed controlled by the hardware on the pump. You can also write the settings for the fan curves to the pump and those curves will run without requiring Link to be active.

Link cannot control motherboard fan RPMs. But the other fan on your cooler is not displayed as a motherboard fan. You may see "phantom fans" on the motherboard and you'll have 1/2 the pump RPM displayed as the CPU fan speed (if you installed it on the CPU Fan) but that second fan on the radiator isn't going to show up. In fact, that missing pin on the header is the wire that reports fan RPMs.

Make sure you are attempting to access the radiator fans from the “H100i v2” Box in Link. There are often a lot of extra fan readings and such that do not have value. If everything checks out and still no control, switch the two fans on the y splitter. Sometimes you get a bad read off the one 4 pin.

Yes, you can move the power wire to the C-Pro and still use coolant temp as a control variable. However, exiting Link will lead to max fan behavior and if you are jumping in and out if, this can be mildly irritating. The cooler’s fan controller can save speeds without slink active. Since you have LLs and need to run Link to maintain color, this may be of no importance.