Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.9.5.25 here

Technobeard

And? You'll need to completely shut down Link and the Link Service.

Also, it has a tendency of crashing the drivers. You may need to reboot after completely disabling it - OR - go to device manager and enabled the devices.

Here's why I'm surprised: The XOC RGB component was something I completely removed months ago.

It wasn't running or installed when I updated from the previous Link version and all my settings vanished.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's why I'm surprised: The XOC RGB component was something I completely removed months ago.

It wasn't running or installed when I updated from the previous Link version and all my settings vanished.

That is odd. Do you have any other system control apps running?

And there have been issues out the wazoo with XOC. What happens if you shut it down?

Hi all first time posting here. Please excuse any social missteps.

My issue with 4.9.5.25 is as stated in the title. Corsair Link updated to 4.9.5.25 from 4.9.4.28 (on fresh Win 10 install) and now I cannot see status of my h100i v2 in the Link interface (tile is gone and device doesn't show up in the Device list. Externally, the RGB logo reset to white but the fans and pump are still running. Pump is connected to CPU_FAN (per instructions) and fans are connected to pump. USB link is connected and I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting. I also uninstalled 4.9.5.25 and reinstalled fresh.

Any ideas of what to try next?

Thanks!

Hi all first time posting here. Please excuse any social missteps.

My issue with 4.9.5.25 is as stated in the title. Corsair Link updated to 4.9.5.25 from 4.9.4.28 (on fresh Win 10 install) and now I cannot see status of my h100i v2 in the Link interface (tile is gone and device doesn't show up in the Device list. Externally, the RGB logo reset to white but the fans and pump are still running. Pump is connected to CPU_FAN (per instructions) and fans are connected to pump. USB link is connected and I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting. I also uninstalled 4.9.5.25 and reinstalled fresh.

Any ideas of what to try next?

Thanks!

When you say "disconnecting and reconnecting", what exactly do you mean? Physically disconnecting the USB connector?

Have you tried going to Device Manager and disabling/enabling the driver? See #1 on the Coolers FAQ in my signature ...

Are you running Precision XOC? If so, that's been a source of MAJOR issues as it tries to take over the cooler. At the least, the RGB sync needs to be disabled. Perhaps more.

That is odd. Do you have any other system control apps running?

And there have been issues out the wazoo with XOC. What happens if you shut it down?

I just uninstalled the entire XOC mess. Now, Link is working.

The only thing I'm concerned about now is whether or not both my fans will run on my 1080Ti SC2. Will they just run by hardware defaults with no software installed?

MB Temp problem still persist, problem occurred after upgraded to 4.9.4.28

MB Temp #5 show 0c static sometime it go to 127c

MB model: ASUS MAXIMUS X HERO

Image%20removed

I have this same issue on Maximus VII Formula

Anyone know the cause?

1598458217_LINKSENSORISSUE.thumb.jpg.cd296c0588b06e36f1cfb36a391c3164.jpg

I have this same issue on Maximus VII Formula

Anyone know the cause?

I have the same issue since a long time now, it's due to a CPU-Z update (Corsair Link uses their API). I've contacted support months ago and never got an answer. :/

OxL0Pr8.png

Not a lot you can do aside from contacting CPU-Z Support dude.. I have as has swft. I reported mine well before I started using LINK though so don't hold your hopes up.. think you will find temp's # 1 and 2 are also false readings....

To add..

Intrestingly enough.. Also z97.. like my self and swftt and also 4790k like my self...... there is a pattern forming here lol

I just uninstalled the entire XOC mess. Now, Link is working.

The only thing I'm concerned about now is whether or not both my fans will run on my 1080Ti SC2. Will they just run by hardware defaults with no software installed?

They should. You can also use MSI Afterburner to control them.

Not a lot you can do aside from contacting CPU-Z Support dude.. I have as has swft. I reported mine well before I started using LINK though so don't hold your hopes up.. think you will find temp's # 1 and 2 are also false readings....

To add..

Intrestingly enough.. Also z97.. like my self and swftt and also 4790k like my self...... there is a pattern forming here lol

It's not just z97. I also have the same thing on my z270 ... although, curiously enough, this morning after a surprise Windows update, it looks a little less insane. And ... even more curiously, on my AsRock z170, it's never been as strange as on my Asus z270.

It's not just z97. I also have the same thing on my z270 ... although, curiously enough, this morning after a surprise Windows update, it looks a little less insane. And ... even more curiously, on my AsRock z170, it's never been as strange as on my Asus z270.

must be the Z bit then :D::D:

Link also now refuses to label my RAM. I think maybe it's angry at me for having Kingston RAM rather than Corsair?

y4m2afeOD1GBQW-qp2mQao89gqZTBHeMOV5zmG9rlkJFdIbokSN-oyTbmqYXIX0EvkyF3GJiwyqD9JIUkxhJ1xw-RJ1WJpkHUlcSqjuMaerN9JpgVw2y6xx4oR812Rp1eUEKsFVQr0KB5x7vMcrGA4psgt6s05yDfMxvDbtGeDuwwp0woejNoYB27SnQ_p_kXWOXQjBeeNOltBtceJDSLsqQA?width=657&height=358&cropmode=none

Looks angry to me dude.. or maybe it's memory loss... forgot to display it.. :D::D:

Think I feel lesser of a man because you have more clocks than I..... lol

This new version unfortunately is a no go for me.

Sometimes Link starts "blank" wihtout anything showing - all my LL fans dont go into their color profile and dont go into their fan profiles - they will stay at 650rpm with rainbowwave effect - because the commander pro is not detected by link (well, nothing is detected by link).

Please fix this for the next release...

This new version unfortunately is a no go for me.

Sometimes Link starts "blank" wihtout anything showing - all my LL fans dont go into their color profile and dont go into their fan profiles - they will stay at 650rpm with rainbowwave effect - because the commander pro is not detected by link (well, nothing is detected by link).

Please fix this for the next release...

I see that you have an EVGA card. Would you happen to be running Precision XOC?

If so, shut it down and try restarting Link.

I see that you have an EVGA card. Would you happen to be running Precision XOC?

If so, shut it down and try restarting Link.

XOC is one of the worst tools ever.

So no, I dont have this installed.

Issue came with new link version and was not there with older versions so the issue is unrelated to other running software.

There seems to be a bug with this latest update. Link will not properly detect the cooler and loses all settings. All you have is a blank menu as someone posted already. The RGB on the cooler defaults to spectrum cycling. I had to do an uninstall with Revo to get rid of everything. Do a restart and then reinstall the previous version to get things running again. (I also had to reinstall all my settings). Hopefully they will fix this with the next update.... You are listening to these forums tech support? Yes?

So apparently there is a firmware update for the Commander Pro, I assume embedded in this new Link release. Is there any information on the firmware update? What does it add, fix, etc?

Yeah it makes Your cooler run 20c cooler cool and gives You 24 more fps dude :D::D::D: ....

I jest.. lol. no idea buddy :confused:.. first I have heard of it lol

Archived