Corsair Community

H115i Pro RGB

Snhyper

Hi, this may have been asked elsewhere but i cannot find an answer.

Is it possible to sync the RGB effects on the H115i pro to the light strips through a Commander Pro.

If so could someone be so kind as to explain how, because trying to do so is driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance.

Not that I am aware of. You'll have to find some sort of RGB color balance you can live with. For now, I have gone to static or slow to change 2 color on the pump and turned off the strips with the ML-RGB. Too much is too much anyway unless you let it all rainbow.

I am not a programmer, but I think the underlying issue is that each of the common RGB fans types (HD, LL, ML-RGB, etc.) have different lighting capabilities and patterns. Not all fans can do the same thing, so they might be able to make it do simple 1 color things, you can also do that on your own just as easily. Underneath, I kind of wonder if we are looking at different lighting hardware. HD and LL fans have a long list of effects, but are only 2 color capable. The new Pro pumps have fewer effects, but up to 7 colors, something I wish could be extended to the fans. Seems like if they could have done this, they would have.

Regarding the synchronization between different devices ... this would require full, 100%, all-the-time software control. It would be pretty tricky to actually get the timing down right but it's certainly do-able. However, one question would be this ... if you have something like rainbow wave going on, which part of the wave do you synch with for the cooler? While some effects would be simple to synch (such as color wave or color pulse or color shift), others would be impossible to synchronize (rainbow wave, Pong)

With the exception of the LL fans, the RGB options that are configurable through Link can be handled completely by the hardware and that's actually desirable.

As for the capabilities ... I think that this is a limitation, right now, of the firmware in the Lighting Node Pro. I, to, would like to see the seven colors extended to the fans as well.