Corsair Community

Dark core bugs

DarkCore

I just recently purchased the new mouse from Corsair the Dark Core, and actually really like the design and the way it feels in my palm.

I wanted to start this thread not to bash away at corsair, but to list the multitude of bugs I'm running into, from either the mouse or maybe its their CUE software.

Firstly, after hours of trying to update the FIRMWARE, in which every single time the update would "hang" at 47% and then fail.... I have succeeded in updating it.

For those who are still having trouble while following the directions from Corsairs website. I have found that, while plugging the mouse cord into a USB port make sure that it is a USB 2.0 PORT. I can not stress that enough. Once I switched my cables around I uninstalled all software and drivers, and then reinstalled with the cord in USB 2.0 and the update went flawlessly.

Another tip I want to state is for the WIRELESS DONGLE. Make sure that is also in a USB 2.0 slot. I have mine in my keyboard (Corsair Vengeance K70) and have never had any issues. If you scour the internet for other dongles, those manufactures specifically state that wireless dongles shouldn't be used in USB 3.0....this is because USB3.0 has about twice the amount of power output therefore interference can and will occur...... I have had no issues with my wireless, with my current setup.

Other things I've noticed so far..

When my computer either goes to sleep or shuts down while the mouse "switch" is on... Turning the computer back on will result in the mouse losing its profile, and goes to what seems to be max DPI settings.... no matter what I do in the CUE software NOTHING resets it back to default settings.. until I unplug the dongle.... unplug the mouse...turn OFF the mouse... and then re-plug everything back in... That is something I feel really needs to take priority and be fixed ASAP.

The CUE software also seems to be in an unfinished buggy state in general.

As I stated earlier, I have been successful in updating the firmware to v0.33, but this morning I went to plug my mouse in to charge and now CUE software says there's a mandatory update for my mouse......... v0.33.

Another thing I've seen a few times also is the CUE software seems to "hide" my desktop. As in the button in windows in the bottom right hand corner next to the clock.. If you click that you hide or show desktop.

Since my reinstall of the software I don't think I've seen that last big though.

I'll come back to the thread and edit more, if I run into anything else. I do like the feel of this mouse so far, and I have had zero issues with the hardware itself.... The buttons work great and it glides beautifully around my mouse pad.

Just seems like a little dirty laundry list of software bugs we need to iron out.

Edited by DarkCore

Tried the 2.0 solution. Didn't work for me. My CUE shows v0.22 and then sometimes v0.33. So I don't know where this mouse is really at.

I agree, this mouse is amazing, but the software makes it one of the worst mice I've ever used. They really need to address this before my window of refund closes, because I'm only giving them until then.

Tried the 2.0 solution. Didn't work for me. My CUE shows v0.22 and then sometimes v0.33. So I don't know where this mouse is really at.

I agree, this mouse is amazing, but the software makes it one of the worst mice I've ever used. They really need to address this before my window of refund closes, because I'm only giving them until then.

I'm sorry that the 2.0 didn't work for you :(

The other thing I did right before I switched the wires around was completely uninstalling the software....

Then before I re-downloaded and reinstalled CUE. I closed out all my other running programs just in case of interference.... So that was my Kraken software, my ASUS GPU tweak monitor, soundblaster, discord, ect..... basically everything running in the task bar I closed out before Re-installing.

One other thing I found on the internet was a thread in Reddit somewhere. Someone said to make sure whatever port you're using on the back make sure it's the Intel USB and not the ASmedia ports. I know that's easier said than done, and I'm not all to sure if that was my case either.

Hope you get it working!

The button at the bottom right hand corner is actually Peek.

You can disable it in Settings > Personalisation > Taskbar.

"Peek"

Thanks!

Although it not so much that the feature is active in Windows... it's the fact that I'm pretty sure the CUE software was triggering it for some reason.