Corsair Community

Corsair Link and driver make Windows 10 lagging heavily

Palmu85

When I enable corsair link usb driver my system gets sluggish (mouse lag, rubber banding on desktop etc) at times, sometimes it takes one hour and after that it gets more freguent, after restart it might be normal for a while. When I disable corsair link lagging doesn`t occur even after many hours of gaming. I have Corsair AX 1200i power supply, wich gets to high temperatures and the fan still doesn`t spin fast enough, with corsair link software I can set the fan to my preferred profile, without the software it doesn`t work. So I need to get this problem solved so I can use the software at all. Also it would be nice to control the system fans and gpu fans with this (I can only see the rpm readings from them), so I would need only one software to do this (Don`t have AI SUITE btw, only evga precision for gpus). One thing I noticed when I had the software running and windows getting sluggish is that task manager showed some high gpu usage on gpu 1 at corsair link process (Graphics engine->GPU 1 link 0, copy 98%). Any help? tried different versions of corsair link driver and software and doesn`t work, only worked before win 10...

EVGA XOC is a MAJOR offender of conflicts with Link.

Apparently, it attempts to control any and all RGB devices on your system. You need to disable this functionality in XOC - something like RGB sync??

Try running Link without XOC running and see if you have the problems.

Link has never controlled GPU fans or LEDs.

Neither XOC or Afterburner is required unless you want a custom fan curve. All of the GPUs have default fan curves that will keep your card from "burning up".

And yes, it would be nice to have one application to handle all of the RGB lighting. The problem is that there is no standard for how to do this and every vendor is different. Some offer APIs that allow other applications to control their RGB but that hasn't been added to Link and it would be a major effort to do so and then keep them updated.

And ... to confirm ... Link isn't lagging now that XOC is disabled/not running, correct?

By the way ... what you need to do now is go yell at EVGA.

Their XOC software has been no end of issues with Link. It apparently attempts to take over control of the Link devices. This is what caused your "lag" ... XOC was constantly accessing the USB HID device and Link got hung trying to do the same. EVGA has no business whatsoever attempting to control another vendor's device unless it's via a public API ... and it's not. This is super-bad mojo.

correction... doesn`t work... same problem just took some time and it happened... In the middle of ranked in siege :P

So ... are you sure that it's Link? I don't recall Link ever hanging the entire system. Sure, it'll hang itself (and I've seen that, certainly) but it's not impacted the rest of the system.

As for the custom fan curves ... I'm not sure that it's true that it'll decrease the lifetime, at least not any more. What I have noticed, however, now that I've (recently) gone back to using the default, zero RPM fan curve, is that the rest of my system is actually a bit cooler (by 2-3C, at least ... any my Samsung 950 runs at least 5C cooler) when the fans aren't spinning ... the GPU isn't putting its heat into the rest of the system except in short burst, which are easily managed.

Hmmm ... looking at your system specs, it looks like you have 2 AMD cards. Yeah ... there are known issues with Link and the AMD cards. :(::(::(::(:

Try this: close Link. Rename the file "CPUIDSDK.dll" to "CPUIDSDK.dl_". This will, effectively, disable monitoring of system values (CPU temp, motherboard temp, GPU, etc). If you have fan curves based on any of these temperatures, you'll need to reset them as they won't work.

Link doesn`t completely hang the system, it makes the game unplayaple and everything starts to happen really slowly, even the most basic things like start menu etc. I have had this issue for long time and it took long time to figure out that taking Link usb driver off makes the problem go away (it doesn´t happen at all if the driver/device is not in use) and it needs a reboot also. If I have ax1200i in it`s default fan curve (link 4 not it use), then it gets over 50c, with the custom curve it stays below 40.