Corsair Community

MM800 polaris led lights annoying when computer is off.

ak5x5

Try a different USB port and see whether the MM800 powers off. Some motherboards have certain ports that are still powered when the system is sleeping/shutdown.

Otherwise, refer to your motherboard's user manual and see whether there are any options to turn off USB power during standby/shutdown.

Try a different USB port and see whether the MM800 powers off. Some motherboards have certain ports that are still powered when the system is sleeping/shutdown.

Otherwise, refer to your motherboard's user manual and see whether there are any options to turn off USB power during standby/shutdown.

Toasted is 105% correct, but I've been unable to get this to be a workable workaround in my experience even in modern UEFI BIOS-es, but nonetheless love the Polaris. If you do solve it short of a usb physical switch (or even if you do with that), I'd love to hear about it. I even have the issue after turning off a PC if i plug it BACK in because the power is on.

at my work, we're doing some office shuffling and the prospect of sharing my "open" office area is on the horizon and I'd hate to have to pull my Polaris every night if someone is coming in to have a meeting at a later time or whatever. I leave my office pc on generally to be able to access it at home or whatever, so killing the power is not really an option