Corsair Community

H100i V2 Running Fast

hurricane51

Today my pump and fan started running fast, even though core temps are at 7 degrees over ambient. Chassis fans are running at minimum. Everything seems cool. I haven't changed anything, neither hardware nor software.

If I change Profile to Quiet everything slows down. I usually have it set to Balanced because I do a lot of video rendering. At Balanced I normally can't hear it running.

Corsair Link 4 reports fan at 1680 rpm and pump at 1950 rpm.

Any suggestions?

What is the temperature source for your fan speeds? That's actually what I was looking for. There is a "Group" combo box when you configure the fans.

That should be set to "H100i V2". If it's set to the processor, your fans will run fast, especially on the default profiles. They will also be "jumpy".

Your pump, however, is running at the correct speed. If it was running slower than 1900-2000 RPM, then it wasn't being powered correctly. See the FAQ in my signature and look at the section for Fan Header Powered coolers.

The chassis fans run off the motherboard, so as I understand it, Link 4 doesn't control those. Those aren't my concern. It's the fan on the H100i that is noisy once it gets past about 1200 rpm. Link 4 reports 3 fans when in reality there are only two. Other monitoring utilities report the correct number of fans.

No, we are asking about the control source for the H100i v2 fans. Back at the main tab, go to the H100i v2 Box and click the fan speed readout. When you click it, there will be a pop up graph box with the control curve.

There is only 1 speed wire for the two fans, so it will only ever show one fan. What you are seeing on the configuration page is a whole different problem that affects everyone, with duplicates and nonsense readings. Your CPU fan is not 749,652 rpm. To make use of that page, you need to verify which ones are real and pull them into the case picture. Ignore the rest.