Corsair Community

K63 PS4 Fortnite Compatibility

• 11 months later...
Hi wecuttrees,

Thanks for the feedback and passion for the K63 Wireless family of products. The K63 Wireless Combo was designed for living room PC gaming and we haven't developed any HID products for console compatibility (short of taking advantage of open standards like the 3.5mm plug on HS50).

That said I will submit your request for internal review, thanks!

Thanks Corsair. I got the K63 Keyboard and Lapboard and the Dark Core RGB SE for Christmas and I just learned I can't even use it with my PS4. Thanks for ruining my Christmas

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought the K63 for my son and we both are very disappointed it can't be used wirelessly for PS4 Fortnite. A quick summary of what I learned so far:

* Apparently it's the wireless encryption that breaks communication with PS4. PS4 doesn't support encryption

* Even when using the cable, it only works when you've switched to BIOS mode.

* Switching to BIOS mode only works for me when I have connected the keyboard with my laptop using the cable, then simultaneously pressing ESC, F1, Windows key AND WINLOCK key for at least 5 - 10 seconds.

* Wireless encryption can be switched off under PERFORMANCE options in the ICUE software (download latest version and connect keyboard to laptop). IMPORTANT: this state is ONLY ACTIVE when WIN LOCK mode is on.

* HOWEVER once you've switched to BIOS mode, the WIN LOCK button does not work anymore (all additional software features are switched off). In other words, you can't switch on the WIN LOCK mode. Therefore encryption can't be disabled. Or is encryption disabled by default when BIOS mode is used, and is there another reason why the keyboard can't communicate with the PS4?

Not sure if I have described this completely accurate, but this is how I see it at the moment. It's a complete catch-22 situation, unbelievable. Is there really no other way encryption settings can be switched off?

Edited by avanelk

• 9 months later...

Oké, I do have the same problem.

Non working bleutooth on PS4

Non working 2.4 ghz dongle on PS4

Working keyboard only in BIOS mode and with cable.......

There goes my couch gaming plan.

Any one figured it out yet?

Is it possible to modify the .bin file to force encryption off

I seriously love the product, but I ain’t happy with what I bought.......

• 2 months later...
I've been wanting to use this keyboard wirelessly with PS4 for a couple years now. I'm hearing that it doesn't work for PS5 either because of the wireless encryption. I was really hoping it would work with PS5. I feel like there has to be a decent workaround available. Also, you'd think this would be a simple firmware update to allow you to disable wireless encryption.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi wecuttrees,

Thanks for the feedback and passion for the K63 Wireless family of products. The K63 Wireless Combo was designed for living room PC gaming and we haven't developed any HID products for console compatibility (short of taking advantage of open standards like the 3.5mm plug on HS50).

That said I will submit your request for internal review, thanks!

Any update?

Its very frustrating that the K63 doesnt work wirelessly on console when many other brands do

An official statement from corsair would be great. Either that it will never be possible or that they plan on doing it by x time.

• 4 weeks later...
any update?

Its very frustrating that the k63 doesnt work wirelessly on console when many other brands do

an official statement from corsair would be great. Either that it will never be possible or that they plan on doing it by x time.

bump, bump, bump

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I agree this is TOTALLY unacceptable. My $25 unify keyboard works perfectly wirelessly (and since the dongle is driverless the PS4 doesnt actually know anything other than there's a keyboard connected)

I guess I stupidly expected the K63 to be the same. Even the bios mode hardwired has issues. Keys get "stuck" as if im always running forward for example, and the rest of the keypresses dont get registered. Then you have to unplug and power off, then plug in and put it back in bios mode and pray to make it work again.