Corsair Community

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum turn off "light bar" at top of the keyboard

thapumper

Hi, just bought the Corsair K95 RGB Platinum and been playing with the lighting effects in CUE. My question is, is it possible to turn off the light bar at the top of the keyboard but keep one of the default lighting effects? I really love the "Color Shift" effect but the top light bar is really bright and I would like to turn it off, is there a way to edit this effect?

Not directly, but I know of at least one work around.

1) Go into your new profile, + Color Shift. The whole board will start color shifting.

2) Hit + create effect again and a new spiral rainbow will appear above it and supersede.

3) Select the new effect and change it to Static Color.

4) Set the static color to 0, 0, 0 black/off

5) With that new static color active, Control-click drag across the light bar. This should set the light bar to black while the lower keys remain in color shift mode.

The CUE hierarchy is top effect takes priority, so in effect you are overlapping the previous with black. If you want just a bit more, go back and control-click the two light bars above the Corsair logo (the left two - picture does not match actual light pattern). This will remove the black effect and let the color shift light up the Corsair logo without the rest of the bar.

Archived