Corsair Community

Corsair LINK 4 + MSI MysticLight conflicts and questions

SouthernLion

Hi, everyone. I LOVE the Corsair RAM I just bought. It runs super fast, stays cool, and contributes a beautiful addition to my theme (I did purple to honor my late wife; it was her color.)

I've run in to a problem, though, and I had a question. First of all, I made it so my RAM is purple 90% of the time and occasionally brightens. It looks great, except that every single time I reset my computer, it goes back to some terrible setting in MSI MysticLight. (I DO NOT like MysticLight, it is very limited and buggy software, but I need it to make my motherboard and secondary RGB strip light up with my music.) If I open Corsair LINK 4 and "apply" the setting, it returns to my awesome setting for the remainder of the PC being on. I've also noticed the overheat RGB change works just fine, though, either way. This is a little frustrating, because my PC should just "work" every time I turn it off or on, not have to change 5 dials every time I enter my desktop. Is there anything I can do to make my Corsair settings stay on, or automatically apply on PC start up?

Also, I was wondering if there are any plans to add custom ".exe" detection support, like game support. Like say you have a default color/effect, but if I open a specific video game like "Doom 2016" when it detects "doom.exe" the effect goes to a new profile that I choose for as long as that software is open. Most gaming mice and keyboard operate this way, and it would be great if I could sync up the RAM to my Mouse and Keyboard (manually, I don't expect software compatibility.) Not to mention, I wish there was a way to make the RAM *flash* for overheating, as in let me change the effect not just the RGB on condition (such as CPU temp limit.) Is there a "suggest features" place for me to send this? Because that would make already amazing RAM that much more fantastic for my build.

Thanks for reading, guys. Hope you can help.

olmKECi.jpg

MXx3MZZ.jpg

Edited by SouthernLion

I'm not 100% familiar with Mystic Light, but isn't there an option to have it ignore RGB RAM? I believe Gigabyte RGB Fusion has such a toggle to avoid conflict with Corsair LINK.

There is, supposedly, but Mystic Light is such a mess I can't tell which profile is running and if something is deselected or not. I *think* I deselect the RAM, save and apply, run Corsair LINK, save and apply, close. When computer restarts, same problem. :(

In fact, for the first time, when I booted this morning my RAM lights were OFF and I saw that they were set to "off" in MysticLight, even though I have never turned any RGB/LED lights off in any software ever at this point... so I had to turn them ON before Corsair LINK would even let me apply the settings.

I suppose MSI is my next stop, but I was just hoping there was a way to force Corsair to apply on startup or something (plus the other questions.)