Corsair Community

K63 wireless keyboard issue

Archvile82

Hi,

I recently purchased a K63 wireless keyboard and so far I have been really happy with it but I have a weird issue where the corsair software starts to identify it as a k95 RGB keyboard.

Now the only way to fix this is to uninstall and reinstall the software but after 2 or 3 reboots of my pc the software starts to identify it as a k95 again.

This is an inconvinance because without the software i cannot see the battery indicator for my keyboard.

My pc is fully up to date from windows 10 and drivers perspective so its a bit baffling really.

I hope someone can shed some light on this strange bug?

• Corsair Employees
Which firmware version are you on? You can check by going into the global settings (gear wheel) and clicking the firmware update button (arrow pointing down at a line) next to the K63. Also, are you using Bluetooth or 2.4ghz? Does CUE recognize the keyboard correctly if you are wired?

Hi,

I upgrade it to v1.2 when I first installed the software about a week ago. It was only then the software would recognize it as a k95 unless I reinstalled the software (this could be coincidence) .

I'm using 2.4g and CUE still recognized the keyboard as k95 when I had the cable connected. Like I say its only after a reinstall it will recognize it as a k63 wireless again until I reboot my pc a couple of times then it will revert back to a k95.

Edited by Archvile82