Corsair Community

Difference in older H115i vs H115i pro please?

marksmanguy

Judging by the reviews and indeed the few people I know on here with the Pro series coolers and would seem performance is somewhat better and obviously you also get zero RPM mode too.Hoping to get a H150i Pro very soon my self and wish I had more info for you buddy, but no doubt DevBiker and/or c-attack with arrive with some facts for you soon.. Edited by Zotty

Will you see a cooling difference between them? A pair of 280mm radiators with similar density and equipped with the same fans at XXX speed are going to have the same performance. It will be hard to find a meaningful internet comparison since few sites bother to test at equal sound or equal RPM levels. The Pro series come with the quiet edition ML fans that top out at 1150 effective max on a radiator. The prior H110i/H115i models have the 2000 rpm blasters often criticized for being to loud, but obviously that is a lot of fan speed difference and it is going to win a head to head comparison. None of that matters if you intend to run different fans and then you are back to aesthetics. The Pro series have a different pump and hoses. If you were buying a new one, there is little question which direction to go, but if you have to eat the cost of the prior and get another, I would wait until it becomes a necessary decision.

I can't give you a comparison to the H115i, but I can compare to the H100i V2 with upgraded (original/"classic") ML-120 fans set to a max RPM of 1600 (to match the newer ML series fans)

The cold plate seems slightly more efficient ... over an extended run, my max CPU temp is about 1-2C lower and the average CPU temp is about 2-3C lower. That may, however, be due to other factors. Max radiator temperature is also lower by a little over 4C. Some or all of that may, of course, be the difference between a 240mm and a 280mm radiator.

As I had the ML fans on the H100, there wasn't much difference in noise. However, the Pro, with the lower speed ML fans, is significantly quieter than the stock fans with the previous generation. The pump is also quieter.

As c-attack mentions, aesthetics are a whole different ball game. The Pro series has a whole new look and more RGB options. If that's your thing (and it's obviously a "thing" for me), that's a big difference. The hoses are also thinner.

Is it worth replacing a nearly new 115i? From a performance standpoint, probably not. From a noise standpoint, you can get a couple of ML-140 fans and get the same sound profile with a custom fan curve and spend a lot less. From an aesthetics standpoint? If that's worth it to you, sure.

I've upgraded from a H115i (2x HD140 RGB) to a H150i Pro (3x ML 120) and have 5k lower temperature.

I think the pressure of the new bracket is firmer. The H115i I could turn something on the processor, the H150i is very firm.

I just swapped for aesthetic reasons and that's actually stupid. I do not hear the new pump (balanced mode), but the H115i was just as quiet.

Sorry for my english ...

edit:

Here you can see a comparison of the h115i with reference fans with the new AiO generation. The H115i has very good results against the H150i Pro.

Unfortunately, the test is in German, but that's not so important for diagrams.

Edited by der_Schmutzige

A 360mm radiator has a surface area advantage over a 280mm of equal thickness/density. A higher fan speeds, they should be fairly even but in day to day stuff and at low speeds, the 360 offers slightly better cooling. Also, in some cases the 360mm is a better physical fit. The h150i Pro is definitely an upgrade from a H100i v2 or possible a H115i, in some circumstances. A H115i for H115i Pro swap is less clear cut for performance reasons alone.

280x140 vs 360x120 is only a small area advantage for the 360mm radiator. 39.2 vs. 43.2

And yet in this test, the smaller H115i was even a bit cooler. I wanted to say that it is not worthwhile to replace a H115i by a H115i Pro for performance reasons.

If you just want to own the new model, that's ok too. ;):

Laying the longer hoses is much better and less rigid.

• 3 months later...
I have two FX 9590s one of which I had the h115i pro and the other I had the h115i. Right off the bat I noticed the pump on the h115i is bigger then the h115i pro. Second of all the h115i has more fan blades on each fan then the h115i pro. What I have found out is the h115i cannot handle the heat that the FX 9590 produces. It even struggled with my old FX 8350. I had to buy a second h115i Pro for my second rig that has the other FX 9590 in it. However the h115i did fine with the FX 6350. So if you are looking to overclock I would advise getting the h115i Pro versus the h115i.