Corsair Community

H100i v2

simplyshredded

Yes, it will operate at default settings. Or, if you want to have a custom curve or something like that, you can connect the cable, configure in Link, save to the device and then disconnect.

And the cable is a decent length; I was able to run it behind my motherboard to keep the cables neater. Also, it's a standard mini USB cable ...

Yes, it will operate at default settings. Or, if you want to have a custom curve or something like that, you can connect the cable, configure in Link, save to the device and then disconnect.

And the cable is a decent length; I was able to run it behind my motherboard to keep the cables neater. Also, it's a standard mini USB cable ...

Thanks for your response!

Mind sending me a pic of what you did? Cheers

This is my server install:

y4moGH1FUfnpJiUyjcRxHIBgUD8UPgChSgwiEwqUV8In0TbRKTzm5gNh1RX_Q7b8_E_Ha3juz4pwyjyYgEjtmoJ01iPIfnKTDWInn2lyNCld7d72nU1y57aThQZYpM1Udh07uQ27wx_E3JdEGjWrE__mtG8yiOrMLDy8Rc1Khe4he-hlA71jEDLXkWZUoXycrWO6g82XfWi3p7r10NkR8CEcw?width=371&height=660&cropmode=none

I could make it a little neater but you can see it coming out of the cooler and going behind the motherboard. It comes out at the top and plugs into a USB port. You shoulda seen it before I cleaned up all the cables; it was a shrine to the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

On my other system (the one in my system specs), it's plugged in to a Commander Pro, so that's cheating. I'm also using an additional cable to plug my PSU into the same port ... so that's double cheating.

And if you need a little more length due to case layout or other factors, it's a standard mini-USB cable. I've used a standard cable to plug it into a header on the back of the motherboard. There are also internal USB extensions readily (and inexpensively) available.

Hmm might look for another cable, if the cable spliced right it would make it much better imo. Did not think of that solution, derp. Thanks for that!

This is what I'm dealing with ATM with no cable :D

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachment.php?attachmentid=32186&stc=1&d=1517705270

However not sure if my cpu should be at that temp under idle :/

What pump settings do you recommend leaving the h100i at before disconnected the USB cable?

Thanks once again!

image.thumb.jpeg.e1fef9b31add6c02a9df2731d4721daf.jpeg

Hmm might look for another cable, if the cable spliced right it would make it much better imo. Did not think of that solution, derp. Thanks for that!

No splicing is necessary. Use an extension. Like this: https://www.amazon.com/USB-Internal-Motherboard-Extension-Cable/dp/B004RS5OYI. There's a lot of options for this.

This is what I'm dealing with ATM with no cable :D

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachment.php?attachmentid=32186&stc=1&d=1517705270

However not sure if my cpu should be at that temp under idle :/

What pump settings do you recommend leaving the h100i at before disconnected the USB cable?

Thanks once again!

It's impossible to say if that's a good or bad idle temperature. There are too many unknowns at this time. What is ambient temperature? If your cooler is configured as exhaust, what's the internal case temperature? What's the clock? Is it overclocked? What voltage is it getting? What's the coolant temperature (and you won't know this without the cable)?

38C may be good. If, for example, you're in the middle of the Saudi desert in summer, that's a pretty good temp. 38C may be bad; if you're in northern Alberta (say, Edmonton) in February with all the windows open, that's not a good idle temperature. It's all relative to the other variables. Without that information, any answer provided is just a SWAG.