Corsair Community

Dark Core Design Suggestion

KalAllBea

I picked up the Dark Core mouse today and I quite like it after several hours of usage. I haven't had any issues with wireless since I don't use wireless peripherals on my desktop. The scroll-wheel press is a little heavy but simply rebinding the Profile Button to Middle Button took care of that.

However the design layout seems to favor a sleek streamlined form over function.

Profile Button is incredibly far back from the Mouse Wheel for palm grip users. Although the button itself is textured and upraised for better identification on touch, it's set far back from the Mouse Wheel. Maybe it's just my large hands, but when using a palm grip I need to bring my finger back quite far to press it. A suggestion would be to put the button right behind the Mouse Wheel. Normal usage of the Mouse wheel shouldn't be problem, and the Mouse Wheel would double as a natural landmark to make finding the button even easier.

The other issue is the side buttons, more specifically the Forward button. For Claw grip users, it's almost hidden behind the Sniper Button from a touch stand point. The amount the button is recessed coupled with the figurative height of the Sniper Button makes pressing it a decision between simultaneously hitting both or trying to hit the Forward Button softly. A suggestion would be to flare the button outward more aggressively to give users more of a ledge to push on/against.

For the profile change button, they need to make it both accessible and not able to be accidentally hit. Putting it further forward would increase the chances of the latter. Most people do not need quick and rapid successive profile changes. Even if you do, you likely want a keyboard bind for that. In fact, I am thinking I need to reprogram the profile change so I don't accidentally hit it. I would be a long way around to go through 35 profiles back to the start.