Corsair Community

Lenovo ThinkCentre E73 Tower

rmint46

Hi All,

I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre E73 tower with 4GB RAM that originally came with the tower, so I bought an 8Gb DDR 1600Mhz (CMV8GX3M1A1600C11) module to upgrade. I removed the original module a tried to install the new 8GB module but immediately got an error which unfortunately I did not write down. When I tried to do a Memory test from Lenovo diagnostics (F10) it gave me "Memory Quick Random Pattern Test Failed". When I re-installed the old RAM the computer booted up as usual.

Two days later I had another go and this time I started getting an error "BOOTMGR" image is corrupt. The system cannot boot.". I than went back to the old memory and it booted normally. Tried the same on a different E73 tower and had the same issue.

The only strange thing that I am seeing from BIOS is that the 8GB RAM is being recognized but Memory Bus Speed is marked as 1333MHZ.

Am I right that the memory I bought should be 1600MHZ. What could be the cause of this issue?

The ThinkCentre E73 supports the below memory:

Module Spec: PC3-12800

DIMM Slots :2 (UDIMM)

Type : DDR3

Speed : 1600 MHz

Modules Types Supported : 2GB/4GB/8GB

Memory Supported : 2GB / 4GB /6GB /8GB 10GB/12GB/16GB

Bandwidth : up to 12.8GB/s

PIN Count : 240

Voltage (Nom) : 1.5V

Thanks in advance

• Corsair Employees
Hi All,

I have a Lenovo ThinkCentre E73 tower with 4GB RAM that originally came with the tower, so I bought an 8Gb DDR 1600Mhz (CMV8GX3M1A1600C11) module to upgrade. I removed the original module a tried to install the new 8GB module but immediately got an error which unfortunately I did not write down. When I tried to do a Memory test from Lenovo diagnostics (F10) it gave me "Memory Quick Random Pattern Test Failed". When I re-installed the old RAM the computer booted up as usual.

Two days later I had another go and this time I started getting an error "BOOTMGR" image is corrupt. The system cannot boot.". I than went back to the old memory and it booted normally. Tried the same on a different E73 tower and had the same issue.

The only strange thing that I am seeing from BIOS is that the 8GB RAM is being recognized but Memory Bus Speed is marked as 1333MHZ.

Am I right that the memory I bought should be 1600MHZ. What could be the cause of this issue?

The ThinkCentre E73 supports the below memory:

Module Spec: PC3-12800

DIMM Slots :2 (UDIMM)

Type : DDR3

Speed : 1600 MHz

Modules Types Supported : 2GB/4GB/8GB

Memory Supported : 2GB / 4GB /6GB /8GB 10GB/12GB/16GB

Bandwidth : up to 12.8GB/s

PIN Count : 240

Voltage (Nom) : 1.5V

Thanks in advance

It's possible that the module may be DOA. I suggest either exchanging it at the retailer you purchased it from or contacting our customer support team.