Corsair Community

Does a Palit GTX 1080 fit in a Corsair 250D?

fadg

Hey,

I already posted my thread in the german forums but i thought that you guys could help me out too.

I´m planning to buy a Corsair 250D as my new Case. With it I want to buy a Corsair H100i v2 and three case fans (two for the radiator and one as an intake fan). The Mainboard will be an "ASUS ROG Strix Z270I Gaming". The harddrives/ssd and psu will be used from my current build. (You can take a look in my PC Specs)

Now here is where I´m worried about. My GPU is a Palit GTX 1080 JetStream which I still want to use. The case (Corsair 250D) supports GPUs that have a width of two PCI slots. The Palit is using three slots. Also what I saw in the technical details of the case is that the GPU can have a maximum lenght of 290mm, the lenght of the Palit is 285mm. I think that the card won´t possibly fit because of its width. My question now is: is there anyone who has had the same problem like I do? Or with another card which has almost the same properties? Because of what I have read in forums I´m now not sure about the fitting of my card.

I would be glad if someone could anwser my question!

• Corsair Employees
Looking at the card's spec, I don't think it'll fit in terms of # of PCI slots required. The Palit website says 2.5 slot while the case can only support 2. Also, the max width it can support is 95mm, that Palit 1080 has 133mm, so that's over the limit of the case. Sorry