Corsair Community

H115i & H150i Rejects or bad quality control

wildhorseau

I am getting rather irritated with Corsair & in all honesty are starting to doubt quality control.

Firstly I bought the Crystal 570X

I am trying to front mount the rads.

In the last 3 weeks I have had to purchased 3 different AIO liquid cpu coolers & for different reasons 2 of the 3 have not served the purposes I intended.

The 1st AIO I bought was the H100i V2. It was great, the hoses came out straight, ran down straight & connected to the pump straight with the logo sitting straight when mounting on my 8700K cpu. with no need for bending or twisting.

Next I had to buy the H115i 240mm pro RGB.

Once out of the box you could see that both hoses did not look right. I take the rad in my right hand & pump in my left hand & the hoses try to twist & sag in the middle. It looks like both hoses should have joined the pump on the left side, not the right hand side.

To mount the pump I have to turn the pump 45degrees clockwise to be able to get the logo on the pump sitting properly. Doing this I noticed that the hoses then have a bad sag in the middle.

The 3rd AIO I bought was the H150i 360mm pro rgb.

Taking it out of the box I say to myself "Oh good god, not again" as it becomes blatantl;y obvious mthat something is not quite right here. Looking at the hoses from the rad to the pump I notice that the hoses try to twist & cross over each other in the middle & can clearly see as tho the the 2 hoses at the pump seem to have been mounted in the wrong way. The pump logo is completely upside down & to be able to mount this AIO I would have to twist the pump head 90degrees clockwise to even have a hope of mounting it & to have the logo facing foward properly.

And now, to make matters even more frustrating is that is seems I can not use 7 LL120mm RGB fans & to have them display in sequence due to just a 6 port fan hub.

:mad:

I do have a Thermaltake 10 port fan hub & I am starting to slowly regret buying Corsair & am starting to think that maybe I should have stuck with the 10 port fan hub's manufacturer for all the cooling.

PLEASE!!, can sosmeone offer some help or suggestions on this & help convince me that I have made the right Corsair cooling choices?

I can try & take photos & upload them someone if needed.

T.I.A

David

And now, to make matters even more frustrating is that is seems I can not use 7 LL120mm RGB fans & to have them display in sequence due to just a 6 port fan hub.

Its all in the Research dude.. lot of info out there on this and as much as they didn't say it wouldn't sync across 7 fans they never said it would go across more that the intended 6 fan count either.

When it comes to this kind of advanced toy it pays to know what you are buying.

which is harder than is sounds and why I created the help thread covering Link etc below in my Signature ;)

:mad:

I do have a Thermaltake 10 port fan hub & I am starting to slowly regret buying Corsair & am starting to think that maybe I should have stuck with the 10 port fan hub's manufacturer for all the cooling.

Not sure how you related that 10 port hub to RGB syncing??

That hub is a Fan controller for controlling the RPM via Voltage (its not even PWM) of up to 10 fans.... (#ResearchFTW)

Fyi. I think you would feel rather let down by Thermaltakes RGB effects compared to Corairs.. just no where near as advanced.. and no support like this forum.. same for Nzxt.. The Grass is NO greener on the other side mate....