Corsair Community

Msi K8N NEO2 XMS 3200 XLPRO PROBLEMS

Sirios

Hi there,

I recently bought the TWINX1024-3200XLPRO from checkmate in Greece, in order to get the extremely low latencies it offers.

System stats

MSI K8T NEO2

AMD FX 55

ASUS V9999 ULTRA DELUXE (6800 ultra)

TWO W.D. RAPTOR 33,6 GB IN RAID 0

P/S TAGAN 480 WATT

In this configuration the system refuses to work. It is extremely unstable ( using the default timings 2 2 2 5 T1) most of the times its not capable to enter Windows (sp2 installed), lots of crashes, blue screens is all i can see.

When setting dram to 166 no problems at all.

With timings 200 2,2,2,5 and T1 i tested the modules with memtest one at a time. Both of them gave numerous errors (the first 2276 and the second 1560). Using them both at single or double chanel gave me the same results.

I changed the P/S, my M/B with another MSI K8T NEO2 my vga but still same problems. I used various BIOS versions (1.41 beta, 1.41mod 1.51) and finally i came back to the latest 1.4 version that msi provides.

Dimm voltage 2,8 volts (2,85 is the maximum value my mobo can give)

I used all different slot combinations with no effect.

Any advice would be appreciated.

P.S. Living at the other side of the Atlantic Ocean it would be difficult for me to have the memories replaced so any advice for permanent solution without replacement would be great. Of course i dont want to relax the timings cause that's the reason i bought them.

Please help!!!!!!!!!!!

• Corsair Employees
What slots do you have the modules in and have you tried moving them and resetting the bios and the minimum voltage for these modules would 2.8 Volts with this MB. But if you still get errors with both modules when testing them one at a time, that would suggest some other problem, and I would see if a friend can maybe help you test them in another system.

What slots do you have the modules in and have you tried moving them and resetting the bios and the minimum voltage for these modules would 2.8 Volts with this MB. But if you still get errors with both modules when testing them one at a time, that would suggest some other problem, and I would see if a friend can maybe help you test them in another system.

Right now i am using slots 1 an 2. I am usinng 2,8 Volts and the DRAM is 166 i order to use my computer. Strange thing is when i use 2,3,2,5 T1 timings the system is stable but again memtest gives lots of errors.

I changed all the other parts in order to isolate the problem with no success.

When testing the modules in the system of a friend of mine (asus P4C800 DELUXE P4 3,2 G it seemed stable but i didnt use memtest.

Thanks for your immediate reply and excuse me for my english. Im a bit rusty.

I would try slots 3-4 and see if you still get errors. If you do then I would test them one module at a time with http://www.memtest.org and lets make sure it's not just one weak module. But if you get errors with ether module I would try and replace the CPU!

Slots 3 and 4 give me same errors. I already reaplaced the cpu with an AMD 64 3200+ to make sure that my FX 55 is OK. Same problems as always. The XMS modules refer something like rev xxxx 1.1.

When i used another kit TwinX 1024 XMS 3200 xlpl or xlpt I think I am not sure everythning was fine even when using extreme timings 2.2.2.5 T1. These modules had rev xxxx 1.2. I dont know the difference neither if that rev thing is the cause of my problems. All i know is that i am trying to find a solution for three weeks now instead of enjoing my powerfull system.

Please give me some directions.

Archived