Corsair Community

Corsair H110i Screw failure saga

Vercintrix

I recently bought a h110i AIO cpu cooler and found that a standoff screw thread was severely messed up. I tried to use it anyway because no spares and the tip of the screw actually snapped off inside the female thumbscrew (It wasnt even finger tight), So I now have a pump secured to the bracket with only 3 screws.

So I contacted corsair and they suggested I purchase another intel bracket kit(part CW-8960010) which I agreed to. I would much rather get two damn screws than deal with the RMA process. So I tried to buy them on corsairs website and... they don't ship to my country (aus). So I looked for the part from all the retailers in my country. None whatsoever. NONE. So I went back to Corsair and asked can they please just ship one to me as I really don't have any other option. They then suggested "other retailers" like amazon or ebay. Cool. So I looked on ebay and amazon to find it's around $50.

I'm not paying a 300-400% markup for a bracket kit, JUST FOR TWO SCREWS. $50 for two screws essentially.

Corsair you charge a huge premium for your products and up until now I have had nothing but great things to say about them. (HD120's aside)

People say your products are overpriced because of the excellent support service Corsair provides. I now know that is not true. I have received no support whatsoever. Ridiculous.

my suggestion is order a new h110i and take whole screw kit out and then return it to the dealer as not fit

I had big problems with trying to get the replacement kit ordered when I couldnt locate my screws ( went from a different motherboard to the 1151 that needed the different screws and standoffs )

They are not nice to deal with , would suggest you will get more action by ragging on them on their facebook page then here.

• Corsair Employees

It's probably too late for this suggestion but why go through all the trouble when you can easily go back to the store where you bought the cooler and asked for a replacement.

To be fair though, its not really on the service, it's more on the logistics side. Unfortunately, we don't have a hub there in AU or near AU to make shipping cost a lot more reasonable for folks out there.

It's probably too late for this suggestion but why go through all the trouble when you can easily go back to the store where you bought the cooler and asked for a replacement.

To be fair though, its not really on the service, it's more on the logistics side. Unfortunately, we don't have a hub there in AU or near AU to make shipping cost a lot more reasonable for folks out there.

From memory under Australian law (Competition and Consumer act 2010, would have to lookup to find exact

clauses ) manufacturers/importers of products sold in Australia are required to make spare parts for repair reasonably available. This would seem like an admission that corsair has no intention of being compliant with these requirements.

The OP said that you refused to ship and was advised to purchase from 3rd parties, that is not making spare parts reasonably available.

I also have had issues with my corsair AIO cooler and sourcing parts. Seems the vaunted corsair support that is the reason premium prices are charged for cheap rubbish doesn't actually exist!

same as the OP I will not be purchasing corsair rubbish again. It took me 2 exploding PSUs and a failed pump that should be a few dollar fix, but corsair won't supply parts, to realise that corsair is now cashing in on its former good reputation by badging cheap rubbish with their logo and selling it as a premium item.

In addition I have reported this to the ACCC and advise the OP and any other Australians who have found similar responses (or lack of responses) from corsair to report them, enough people report and they do actually get sued and fined.

In addition I have reported this to the ACCC and advise the OP and any other Australians who have found similar responses (or lack of responses) from corsair to report them, enough people report and they do actually get sued and fined.

I will also. Ridiculous service.