Corsair Community

H115i Pro vs H150i Pro

KT1578

What the title says. My build will feature an I7 8700K (will be overclocked) and I want the coolest temps possible. Will the 3 fans on the H150i Pro make a difference to the dual fans on the H115i Pro? Even if itis only one or two degrees cooler, to me every little bit counts. Tell me if other specs are required to answer this question.

There are some strange reviews out there with weird disparities between both those coolers and some other brands. Regardless, a 360mm radiator likely has a tiny edge over a 280mm radiator of equal design. Within the results, you normally see a trend of 3x120 providing better airflow through the radiator as lower speeds. The 2x140 closes the gap as speeds increase. This puts you into a head game of what makes less noise, 2x140@900 or 3x120mm@1300, etc. At max speeds with the included fans, you might see 1C difference in coolant temperature. On my 8700K at 5.0/1.30, this amount to a coolant delta of 5C while gaming with fans speeds around 900 rpm. This is pretty trivial and I don't think you should make the decision based on cooling performance.

It would make more sense to align the choice with your case layout, fan mounting, general airflow plan, or just about anything else. I bought the H115i Pro this week and I had a really strong urge to pick up the H150i for no other reason than wanting a 360mm radiator I have never used and I have other 280mm coolers. It will fit in the front of my Air 740, but there would be compromises to be made and either running it in reverse as exhaust and changing other case layout choices. Most cases do not have unlimited flexibility and the likely one placement only for a 360mm may have more impact than any difference between cooling capacity between the sizes. You didn't mention your case, but we might be able to add more detail to recommendation knowing the layout, GPU cooling type, etc.

Edited by c-attack

There are some strange reviews out there with weird disparities between both those coolers and some other brands. Regardless, a 360mm radiator likely has a tiny edge over a 280mm radiator of equal design. Within the results, you normally see a trend of 3x120 providing better airflow through the radiator as lower speeds. The 2x140 closes the gap as speeds increase. This puts you into a head game of what makes less noise, 2x140@900 or 3x120mm@1300, etc. At max speeds with the included fans, you might see 1C difference in coolant temperature. On my 8700K at 5.0/1.30, this amount to a coolant delta of 5C while gaming with fans speeds around 900 rpm. This is pretty trivial and I don't think you should make the decision based on cooling performance.

It would make more sense to align the choice with your case layout, fan mounting, general airflow plan, or just about anything else. I bought the H115i Pro this week and I had a really strong urge to pick up the H150i for no other reason than wanting a 360mm radiator I have never used and I have other 280mm coolers. It will fit in the front of my Air 740, but there would be compromises to be made and either running it in reverse as exhaust and changing other case layout choices. Most cases do not have unlimited flexibility and the likely one placement only for a 360mm may have more impact than any difference between cooling capacity between the sizes. You didn't mention your case, but we might be able to add more detail to recommendation knowing the layout, GPU cooling type, etc.

Here ya go: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8XLHf8

I stuck the H115i Pro in ther for now, but may change later

Long, skinny top on the Enthoo Primo. It looks like a nice fit for the 360mm to me. Wider fans sometimes get stuck with poor mounting positions (partial obstructions, etc) and it looks like 3 nice 120mm slots. Fans will probably be underneath the radiator anyway, but the 360 looks like the natural choice. I guess as long as there aren't any major concessions with ripping out drives you need or the like, that would be my recommendation. However, like always not everything is detailed on the product page. Only a Enthoo Primo owner can really tell you what is what.

I have an Enthoo Primo. Both radiators will fit at the top with PLENTY of room to spare and no obstructions, even with push/pull. Personally, I have an H115i PRO but that's only because I wanted 140mm across the board. The triple 120 would fit just as easily.

Note that you will need to mount it at the top. Even though the Enthoo Primo will take radiators in the bottom, the hoses aren't long enough to reach in that monster case.

The video shows my case and lighting: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjLE3OnL_l3kleBLqmnL08fM-7l0kQ

Wow, that thing is bigger than I realized. Hey Corsair, where are the 420 and 480mm AIO coolers? I mean seriously.

Looks like you have free choice on coolers and as the video shows, you can put the 280mm up top and still get another 140 on the top. Lots of room.

Wow, that thing is bigger than I realized. Hey Corsair, where are the 420 and 480mm AIO coolers? I mean seriously.

Looks like you have free choice on coolers and as the video shows, you can put the 280mm up top and still get another 140 on the top. Lots of room.

Oh, yeah, it's big. The reviews do say that it's big but that doesn't fully capture the level of bigness. I could definitely do 420, push/pull, up top with a 280 or 360 in push/pull in the bottom.

Or ... perhaps I just have the Texas version. Because everything's bigger in Texas, you know. ;):

reviews say yes.............but the new H115i run very quiet ( until every now and then they ramp up ).

anyway depends a lot on your case......I had the old 115i with 2 fans on top and 2 under in the Corsair 780T case and that keep the CPU very cool.