Corsair Community

Sony Vaios Crashing

samibib

I have a Sony Vaio model PCV-RZ26G and a PCV-RS 430G. Installed TWINX1024-4000PRO on the former, and after a few weeks the system would crash and couldn't be restarted until waiting a few minutes/hours. Installed on the latter, and the same situation is occurring. I have made no alterations to the systems whatsoever. Incompatible? System getting too hot? Oh yeah, I tried the compatability wizard and when I selected Desktop I had no other options in the remaining dropdowns. When I tried searching by memory type, after submission I was simply returned to the main wizard screen.

Appreciate the help

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but I would not suggest our XMS line of modules for most OEM systems, as they would not give you the options in the bios you may need to have them run properly. I would see if your reseller will let you send these back and get our VS1GBKit400 instead.

Recommended Modules for the VAIO PCV-RZ26G

Recommended Modules for the VAIO PCV-RS430G

Compatibility page worked for me. Both links recommend this:

CMSS512MB-333 512MB

CMSS256MB-333 256MB

As for CGW, it's their opinion. No one other than them can change it. Did they specifically say that they recommended TwinX for OEM systems, or just recommended Corsair in general?

Archived