Corsair Community

H100i Ryzen7 no CPU temp and fan RPM

Mack-xC

Saga continues I change MOBO and CPU (Asus ROG STRIX X370-F GAMING, AMD Ryzen 7 1700) but there is no CPU temperature and H100iv2 fan RPM.

Screen1

Screen2

Have stock AMD fan for few days until Corsair send me new H100iv2 (back from warranty) and installed Corsair LINK everything was showing up same with BIOS.

After H100i installation when I go to BIOS temperature show up for 1 second then it's go 0C/30F. If I change profiles fans are reacting but I fear if my CPU temps go up Corsair LINK wont react.

Is this common or there is a problem with cooling... again.

First, go into the BIOS and make sure you disabled the CPU fan control or set it to maximum/100%/Full Speed or however Asus described a constant 12v signal on that board. Your pump speed is too low and it appears the unit is not getting enough power. If the fans are spinning, where are they connected? To the motherboard or to the H100i pump block?

I am not sure that resolves the temperature issue, which sounds more like a monitoring glitch. There are loads of them right now on both Z and X 370 boards. However, this does not matter for your cooling for two reasons. 1) The fans react to changes in the coolant temperature (H100i v2 Temp) and that sensor is hardware based in pump. It will work when it needs to. 2) Fans do not have to change speed with CPU loads to provide cooling. Unlike an air tower, the liquid cooler has a much higher heat capacity and the coolant simply transports the heat away for dissipation through the radiator. As long as the coolant is moving (Pump is running at the right speed), you can't overheat. Fan speed differences are small in comparison to the overall value.

Are you running AI suite or whatever Asus is packaging on that board?

I connected the 3 pin cable coming out form cooler to CPU_FAN (like instruction said) I also plug it in for test to AIO_PUMP slot it was showing more or less the same RPM.

Controle is set to DC Mode(Other setting PWM Mode/Auto/Disable) and Turbo(other setting are Manual/Silent/disable) there is a setting for lower limit in RPM I didn't change that it's 300RPM @ moment.

Fans are connected to pump block.

Ai suite not sure what you mean there is AI Tweaker in BIOS or maybe you mean ASUS BIOS software it self. (I didn't use AI Tweaker I use QFan something just to see what is that, this change case fans all to manual so I change that again to auto.

And thanks so much for your help and for calming my nerves :)

Controle is set to DC Mode(Other setting PWM Mode/Auto/Disable) and Turbo(other setting are Manual/Silent/disable) there is a setting for lower limit in RPM I didn't change that it's 300RPM @ moment.

Fans are connected to pump block.

This is the part you need to fix. Don't try to control pump or fan speed through the BIOS. You must do this through Link. Put the H100i v2 3 pin header on CPU_FAN. Load into the BIOS. You have two ways to do this.

1) E-Z BIOS & Q-Fan - It probably default to this. Enter Q-fan. Select CPU fan. Select "Full Speed". This it how is works on the Intel boards. If for whatever reason you don't see full speed, change the PWM/Auto mode to DISABLE. This is the same thing.

2) In the Advanced BIOS, go to the monitoring tab, scroll down to the fan controls, select CPU fan, and same option to change PWM to DISABLE.

Right now your pump is running half speed. That will have a much greater effect on your CPU temps than fan speed.

Ai suite not sure what you mean there is AI Tweaker in BIOS or maybe you mean ASUS BIOS software it self. (I didn't use AI Tweaker I use QFan something just to see what is that, this change case fans all to manual so I change that again to auto.

Good, I am glad you have no idea what I am talking about. That means you are not using it. AI Suite is a multipurpose control app with overclocking, monitoring, power settings, and fan control functionality. It is also a royal PITA, conflicts with everything, and operates on a deep level making it very hard to manage or know what it is doing. It also is guaranteed to conflict with Link and cause wacky or zero temp readings. At present, Link 4.9.xx tends to do this with other programs as well. If you have any other things running like HWINFO, HWMonitor, AIDA, EVGA Precision, etc., these may cause the false reading.

This is the part you need to fix. Don't try to control pump or fan speed through the BIOS. You must do this through Link. Put the H100i v2 3 pin header on CPU_FAN. Load into the BIOS. You have two ways to do this.

1) E-Z BIOS & Q-Fan - It probably default to this. Enter Q-fan. Select CPU fan. Select "Full Speed". This it how is works on the Intel boards. If for whatever reason you don't see full speed, change the PWM/Auto mode to DISABLE. This is the same thing.

I disable it (no full speed setting), this is the result immediately after that RPMs for fan rise and show up in C-LINK

Screen1 & Screen2

Good, I am glad you have no idea what I am talking about. That means you are not using it. AI Suite is a multipurpose control app with overclocking, monitoring, power settings, and fan control functionality. It is also a royal PITA, conflicts with everything, and operates on a deep level making it very hard to manage or know what it is doing. It also is guaranteed to conflict with Link and cause wacky or zero temp readings. At present, Link 4.9.xx tends to do this with other programs as well. If you have any other things running like HWINFO, HWMonitor, AIDA, EVGA Precision, etc., these may cause the false reading.

I'm have fresh install windows I don't install and 3rd party softer for monitoring PC parameters not sure if some drivers can have effect on C-LINK I have problems with SteelSeries Engine (I use it for keyboard) in the past for example (SSE was turning off ROCCAT mouse - that is SSE fault).

2) In the Advanced BIOS, go to the monitoring tab, scroll down to the fan controls, select CPU fan, and same option to change PWM to DISABLE.

Now this I did not found, there is no fan setting under Advance or any other setting except Q Fan, as you said pump was running half speed ~1290, now it's 1960 so still bad right?

OK good, that part is fixed. It seems there are some minor naming control differences between Intel and AMD Asus boards, but it doesn't matter. You found the right button and it is only necessary to do it one place. Pump speed is now 1900-2000 rpm which is correct for the Quiet Mode. Performance Mode will be around 3000. You also have a fan speed again. Click on the fan speed in the H100i v2 box to set the curve to some you can tolerate.

So this leaves the wacky temp readings as the only issue? If we are talking about the motherboard section of Link (the 1st block), don't be concerned. Unfortunately this is a common issue. My MB Temp #5 is usually 0C, as is the case with most Z370 boards. You don't seem to have any core data, although this may not be uncommon for AMD. There always seems to be core temp issues there. Regardless, this part is read only and it cannot negatively affect the hardware. However, you may need something else to monitor CPU temperature until a software fix is in place.

Thank you so much for your help, I will look for something to monitor my CPU Temp I'm not sure if will work because even BIOS stop showing CPU Temp after I connected H100i nonetheless I can not thank you enough. Have a great day/night ;)

I would try downloading HWmonitor and see if CPU temp will show up. If it doesn't, then that tells me that it's not related to Corsair Link.

No CPU temp in HWmonitor...

If it's not Corsair then what? before I got Corsair I was using AMD stock cooler and I saw CPU temp in BIOS and in Corsair Link

If it's not Corsair then what? before I got Corsair I was using AMD stock cooler and I saw CPU temp in BIOS and in Corsair Link

If it's not showing in the BIOS, the processor isn't reporting it.

What happens if you put the stock cooler back on?

• Corsair Employees

Probably a faulty thermistor. If cpu temp is not showing in BIOS and software, then it might have something to do with your mb.

Turns out there is a glitch on MOBO and have problems with Ryzen 7 1700 (without X) specificity sometime show temperature, sometime don't, but always display it wrong. Solution is to update bios. Case close thanks again. Screen Edited by Mack-xC