Corsair Community

Help with wiring diagram for LL fans & other

Interitus

Hi everyone, just trying to get some confirmation on whether or not this setup will work correctly. I tried to butcher one of the diagram images in Photoshop to mimic my setup, so this is as clear as possible. After reading through the OP, I still had some questions.

First off, my setup is going to be a little odd. I will be running 7 LL fans in a View 71 case (3 front, 3 top, 1 rear) so of course it's ONE too many for the Commander Pro & RGB Hub. I will also have an H115i AIO and an RM850i PSU, which complicates things for USB connections. Anyways, here are my questions and the diagram for reference.

1. How does Link and the Commander Pro handle sequential lighting effects on the fans when there is more than one RGB hub involved? Is this even possible? Does the first hub have to be completely populated first or is my diagram below okay for that? My goal would be to have this functional so that it can start with the bottom front intake and light up each fan on its way up the front, toward the back on the top, then finally the rear exhaust (probably a duh statement, but just in case).

2. The H115i and RM850i both have USB connections requiring a USB header to work with Link. Can I use the headers on the Commander Pro for each of these so that I only need one motherboard USB 2.0 header or should I consider the NZXT USB hub instead? This is somewhat important for motherboard choice. Some of the nicer AMD boards only have one USB 2.0 header.

3. Not necessarily wiring related, but is controlling all the fans via PWM in Link the best way to go about this? If it would clean up the wiring, I could possibly use some PWM splitters to the motherboard PWM headers, though I suspect this might be even worse once fan amperage is accounted for and separate headers are used. Just wasn't sure if relying on Link for PWM control was considered the best and safest way to go here.

I may add one of the strip kits later. Depends on what everything looks like once all the RGB is in and lit up. If so, I imagine I'll need the NZXT USB hub anyways as I will definitely be out of USB headers.

Thanks for taking the time to read this lengthy post, and I appreciate any guidance on the best way to set everything up. Diagram below.

BYAHiv4.jpg

Hi bud,,,,

1. yep that would work ok

2. sequential effects only work across 6 fans bud.. but color shift etc works well#

3. Dont forget that the Commander Pro has 2 more usb headers ;)

4. Nice diagram! you did well bud.. glad they help!!

2. sequential effects only work across 6 fans bud.. but color shift etc works well#

Sequential effects work only across 1 RGB Fan Hub ... but the do work with however many you have on there.

I also have 7 LL fans, configured in 3/4 ... and both sets play Pong just fine. ;):

Thanks guys! I got everything ordered yesterday so should be here soon.

Maybe not the ideal place to ask this, but since I'm already here, why not...

I will have the C6H board and TridentZ RGB. Either of you familiar with the best way to go about using all of this at the same time?

Link -> Fans & strips

Aura -> Board & RAM?

Hey, hey!

AuraSync will run fine with any supported RGB component - see their website for details - but for sure TridentZ RGB is no problem.

Two RGB 4pin Headers on the Crosshair Hero 6 will do nicely.

Although I have a Z270E, it too comes with 2x 4pin RGB headers which I use for everything not Corsair - syncing with case lighting and supported RGB CPU fan.

The motherboard handles the rest that connects directly into it - RAM and ASUS GPU.

Corsair Link and CUE take care of interior lighting strips, all fans and all exterior hardware (keyboard, mouse, etc).

Since your CPU Cooler is from Corsair, you'll use Link to control the RGB.

Maybe a little more detailed than expected from a post but it is only meant to bring you peace of mind.