Corsair Community

8600k device manager

extremeredline

Is anyone willing to post a screen shoot of device manager that has an 8th gen cpu. I had installed win 10 from usb and all ssds had really high avg response times, hdds seemed to work kinda ok. Took it to microcenter and they said it was my win10 and now it does work with my ssds now but I swear device manager used to show 1 300 series chipset family controller under the systems devices tab and a bunch of 200 series but now I only see 200 series and not 1 300 series. I think they preloaded win10 and did not do a fresh install. If you could plz post a screen shoot of an 8th gen cpu device manager with the system devise tab open it would help me a bunch ty. Edited by extremeredline

It doesn't really matter as Windows installs the chipset drivers at the time of install. If you want to force them to show as the 300 series, download the INF drivers for your board from Asus's site and follow this: https://communities.intel.com/thread/110536

I've got an ASRock z370 fatal1ty gaming k6, Windows had the old 10.1.1.38 INF installed at the time of install and they would just show up as 200 series drivers. Downloaded my INF drivers from ASRock, followed the instructions in that Intel link, and now the LPC shows as 300 series while the rest of the stuff loses removes the number designation.

Edited by Kni9ht

It doesn't really matter as Windows installs the chipset drivers at the time of install. If you want to force them to show as the 300 series, download the INF drivers for your board from Asus's site and follow this: https://communities.intel.com/thread/110536

I've got an ASRock z370 fatal1ty gaming k6, Windows had the old 10.1.1.38 INF installed at the time of install and they would just show up as 200 series drivers. Downloaded my INF drivers from ASRock, followed the instructions in that Intel link, and now the LPC shows as 300 series while the rest of the stuff loses removes the number designation.

Thank you very much worked like a charm