Corsair Community

Corsair Commander Mini custom fan curve not working

Nihth

Hi,

I have a Corsair Commander Mini configured with a custom fan control that is not working properly.

The fans(GPU1 fans and probably GPU2 fans) connected through a commander mini do not change speeds according to the fan curve set.

The GPU1 temp can reach about 70C and the fans will remain at ~1300-1400 rpm while the curve is set to be 1400 RPM at 40C and 3050 RPM at 60C.

Setup:

Commander: "Corsair Commander Mini" firmware 1.1.6

Corsair Link: 4.9.4.28

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Build 15063

Cpu: "AMD Ryzen 7 1800X"

Cpu cooler: "Corsair Hydro Series H110i"

The radiator part got two "Corsair AF140 Quiet Edt. 140mm" attached to the "Corsair Hydro Series H110i"

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5, S-AM4

Gpu 1: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB GDDR5 NITRO

Gpu 1 cooler: "Corsair H75 Hydro Series CPU"

This one is connected to the Commander Mini, set to mode balanced and seems to be working.

Additionally the radiator has two "Corsair AF140 Quiet Edt. 140mm" connected to it configured with fan curves

Gpu 2: R9 270 set up similarly to the first one with its own H75 and two fans configured with a custom curve

I had this exact same setup a while back with a different motherboard and CPU combo and did not notice it not working then.

The commander mini itself has the a led on it which is blinking green/red.

cmdrmini.thumb.png.f9fd2d72dfe18d9ceb006367bc84a2c8.png

If those fans in your screen shot are AF140s, your curve is working.

Those fans cannot spin at 4000 RPM. According to the spec sheet, their max speed is 1150 RPM (and there will be a +/-). At the speeds that you are seeing, the CoMini may be trying to overvolt them to get them to a higher RPM. But it can only go so far; you're already spinning at greater than the specified speed.

• Confused 1