Corsair Community

ML 140 PRO RGB not working

mcmusashi5

First I plugged it in and forgot to plug in the 4 cords because I forgot that the rgb hub didn't provide power to the fans. When I did this, one of them blinked green and then stopped. Then I went back in realizing my mistake to plug in the headers. One into a 4 pin and the other into a 3 pin because I didn't mind not having pwm control on them. Then I turned it on and the rgbs did not turn on. Now I have tried everything, switching out the ports of the usb 2 header and a bunch of other stuff. Please help me, I feel as if I am going to hurt my furniture

You need to tell us what is powering the fans? Motherboard header? Pump fan controller? Other? ML fans are PWM. Some motherboards will set this automatically and other devices will not. The fan may not start in DC mode.

You may not have lighting until you add the fans as a device in Link. You need Link 4.9 to properly control the ML-RGB series.

First I plugged it in and forgot to plug in the 4 cords because I forgot that the rgb hub didn't provide power to the fans. When I did this, one of them blinked green and then stopped. Then I went back in realizing my mistake to plug in the headers. One into a 4 pin and the other into a 3 pin because I didn't mind not having pwm control on them. Then I turned it on and the rgbs did not turn on. Now I have tried everything, switching out the ports of the usb 2 header and a bunch of other stuff. Please help me, I feel as if I am going to hurt my furniture

Please don't hurt the furniture. It is blameless and you wouldn't want to harm innocent furniture, would you? ;):

As c-attack mentioned, the ML fans may not turn on from a 3-pin header. Unlike many PWM fans, they cannot be controlled in DC-mode. The need the full voltage to provide the levitation. Less than 12 volts, they may not turn on or, if they do, may not have enough power to properly "float" the fan, causing a rattle.

Also, the ML-RGB fans will not light up until they are added in Link.

And what did you plug the RGBs in to?

Alright. So what I got is an Asrock gaming pro m z270 motherboard. I bought a 2 pack of the 140 ml pro rgbs the one that came with the hub. So, what I did is a plugged the fans into the rgb fan sequentially 1-2 and then plugged the rgb controller into the hub and then from that into a usb 2.0 spot as directed. I then plugged the power of the fans into 1 pwm and 1 3-pin header. I tested out them at 100% fan speed to rule out the possibility of them not getting voltage. Maybe Im not adding them correctly in link. Is there anything else you have to do other than say add ml fan and then it shows the fan light settings and then click apply?

1) Can you share a screen shot of your Link configuration?

2) Did you plug both the Fan Hub and the Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) into SATA power?

3) The NoPro has 2 LED channels. Did you add them to the correct channel?

BTW, the LEDs don't run off of the power from the 12V fan header. They run off of power from the Fan Hub connection (5V).