Corsair Community

570x fans not lighting when hooked to the LNP

Muskie7

Hi, I am building the 570x and have 6 sp-120's connected to the fan hub and have the node pro with the strips. I hooked the fan hub to the node pro with a 2 wire cable that came with it? ( the fan hub is a three post out?) and when I power up my pc the fan lights don't come on? The strips in the other channel work fine? Do i need to get into the software first or something before the lights on the fans will work? Haven't installed windows yet. If I keep the fan hub connected to the controller that came with the case the lights work. Thanks in advance for any info.

Edit/Delete Message

Hi, I am building the 570x and have 6 sp-120's connected to the fan hub and have the node pro with the strips. I hooked the fan hub to the node pro with a 2 wire cable that came with it? ( the fan hub is a three post out?) and when I power up my pc the fan lights don't come on? The strips in the other channel work fine? Do i need to get into the software first or something before the lights on the fans will work? Haven't installed windows yet. If I keep the fan hub connected to the controller that came with the case the lights work. Thanks in advance for any info.

Edit/Delete Message

You need to install Link first.

• 3 months later...
I actually am having a similar issue, I bought three LL120 to add to my 570x case I didn't but the three pack since the case itself had its own lighting node. Fans plugged into 1, 2, and 3 work properly. The fan plugged into 4 is fully lit, 5 is partial, and 6 is not lit although all fans are spinning. Corsair link won't recognize them either. Hopefully, we can get some answers.

I believe that case just has a Fan Hub, not a Lighting Node Pro (different devices). Take a look at the RGB FAQ linked in my signature; there are pictures of both devices.

For LL fans, you need both the RGB Fan Hub and the Lighting Node Pro. The fan hub is a dumb device that provides power and passes the signal on from the NoPro, CoPro or push button controller (for HD and SP fans).