Corsair Community

Burning fan Controller...

Triana

Ok.. Im starting to get a bit sad, since i have tried to post a support ticket but it refuses my part and lot number. I have tried to post a ticket for a few hours honestly but i finally gave up and here I am...

I tried the part no: CC-9011101-WW (with and without the lines)

an lot: 024617397849

I migth be getting so tired and sad im doing something obvoius wrong...

A couple of days ago i bougth the Corsair Crystal 460X RGB, and today i put it together and started it up... within seconds of pushing the powerbutton smoke appeared and before i was able to turn the computer off, the Sata-powercable to the fan controller had litteraly burned up!

I shut it off and took it off the powergrid, and after inspection and disconnection of the fan controller I started it all up again.

Everything else seem to work fine, nothing else was damaged (lucky there) and I could proceed to install windows, but well, the fans does not ligth up, obviously... so, what do i do now? do you send me a new controller, can i buy a new controller or do i have to go trougth the hazzle of returning the case to the store? Not to happy to be honest, never bougth a case from you before so this was not a good first impression on the case side...

The Powerunit is a corsair CX430M that is working fine since i took it out of my main computer a month ago when changing to a new graphics card.

IMGP6046.thumb.JPG.80c12c8dccd82c66d1aec655bc8eeea2.JPG

IMGP6048.thumb.JPG.fe7fa3d3fae0d545e36a30861b713d41.JPG

Now I tried again and the support page reacted completely different so I think it was something wrong with it before, now i have at least gotten it to make a ticket.

Before it just refused and said my codes was wrong but it wouldent send without them either.

yes, its a modular psu and i just connected one of the powersatas from that to the fan controller, its the original parts, havent needed any extras.

I ask because we've seen this kind of issue before ... when the person used a SATA peripheral cable from a different modular PSU in his Corsair PSU. It looks like you have serious over-current. At this point, your best option is to create a support ticket for RMA.

• Corsair Employees

That photo doesn't look good at all. We'll get a replacement fan hub sent out, you don't need to ask your store for a replacement case.

Were you able to submit a ticket and get an ticket #? If you got one, post it here and I'll look into it.