Corsair Community

H110i GT random fan increase / ghost fan

PilotGW

Hi,

For quite a while I've been having a problem where, out of the blue, my AIO fans suddenly spin up to high speed. They won't slow down again until I restart Corsair Link.

When the problem occurs, if I look at the H110i GT section of Corsair Link, it shows a bunch of fans that don't exist and it shows one of the fans running at the same speed as the pump (picture attached). The whole section also appears frozen (numbers don't change).

This doesn't happen very often, but I've noticed it happens more frequently when running stress testing software (RealBench mainly). However, it can happen when playing a game or just after booting my PC.

I'm using ML140 Red LED fans and the cooler's USB header is plugged into a Commander Pro, if that matters.

I've experienced this with several versions of Corsair Link as well as using different USB headers on the Commander Pro. I've yet to try plugging it into the motherboard directly but I don't have any free headers.

Any clues? :confused:

2018-01-25.thumb.png.0c4192b01231aaf16c7ddbd37b5fc5f0.png

What version of Link are you using now?

What other monitoring/hardware control programs are you using? (HWMonitor, AIDA, AI Suite, etc.)

Hi,

I'm currently using the most recent version of CL (4.9.4.28).

I do have MSI Afterburner/Rivatuner running all the time.

I usually have no other monitoring software running. I do use HWMonitor and HWInfo (this one definitely messes with my fans) but only on the odd occasion. I don't have them running all the time.

I have seen a lot of the ghost fan stuff on the Link 4.9.xx versions. It is usually related to other programs trying to poll the same data. I have not had an issue with Afterburner, but it is possible RSST is trying to access it in the background. Other programs like the ones mentioned above are more problematic.

If you do not have any of the recently released RGB fans/coolers (ML-RGB, LL, H150i Pro cooler, etc,) try rolling back to Link 4.8.3.8. That version seemed to be less troublesome for many.