Corsair Community

CUE v2.22.83 is now Live!

Corsair James

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So a release which is causing everyone's CUE to crash, plus a major audio issue with the Corsair Drivers that is still awaiting a fix:

- http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=172286

- http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=171700

- http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=171910

- http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=171600

- http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173233

- http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173106

Clearly an important issue that needs to be addressed.

For anyone who needs to rollback to the last version of CUE so they don't experience crashes with it, you can download the last stable release here: http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/CUE/CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.21.67_release.msi

thx mate i was look for it

Crashing on startup.. Using with K70 Lux

Faulting application name: CUE.exe, version: 2.22.83.0, time stamp: 0x5a6228b2

Faulting module name: CUE.exe, version: 2.22.83.0, time stamp: 0x5a6228b2

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0079a950

Faulting process id: 0x2214

Faulting application start time: 0x01d398de2f54fa2d

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\CUE.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\CUE.exe

Report Id: 385e0397-a42a-4b75-9fc6-dcd768ba7cee

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Unhandled exception at 0x0139A950 in CUE.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000028.

Will send dmp files.

I'll duplicate a post from the t=152676 just do not know where to write, it is very important

I do not have enough software for me personally three things

1. the ability to clamp several buttons on which macros

example

three buttons on each type of pressing "when pressed" when three macros are clamped all

now 1-2-3 will be executed 1

it is good that macro 1 does not interrupt macro 2 and 3.

2. add the ability to install the hot macro recording / depositing button MswWhJj.png it is very inconvenient to drag into the software window from the application in which a macro is recorded to stop it, unnecessary actions are recorded which are not easy to delete because the window is very small and the macro can be up to 60k lines

3. There is not enough button to disable all macros inside the software when editing a profile

Sorry for my bad english

I've been having issues on this release and maybe the previous 2 releases with my K70 LUX indicator (nums, caps, scroll) lights freezing. After some time the lights will stop responding to me clicking those buttons. The buttons themselves and functions will work, but the lights do not update.

I even got another keyboard from Corsair and saw the same issue. The only fix I found for it is turning the switch at the top of the board to BIOS then back to the '1' setting (I think).

Anyone else getting this?

Same issues mentioned here already. It broke in the middle of playing World of Warcraft and began spamming the 6 key endlessly, along with the "has stopped working" error popping up a few times. After reboot, CUE has stopped working immediately upon launching the software.

Tried manually updating it with the 2.22.83 installer, same problem.

Reverted to 2.21.67 and it's not crashing anymore. Not going to update this software till a fix is apparent.

Product: K95 RGB

Win 10 x64

Intel Core i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz

Could people try:

1. Reboot into safe mode, then normal windows again (dont make any changes, just the reboots)

2. manually install from the .exe file from the website

i did both of those when mine fixed itself and i'm unsure which one solved my issue, but thought it may help others

Same issues mentioned here already. It broke in the middle of playing World of Warcraft and began spamming the 6 key endlessly, along with the "has stopped working" error popping up a few times. After reboot, CUE has stopped working immediately upon launching the software.

Tried manually updating it with the 2.22.83 installer, same problem.

Reverted to 2.21.67 and it's not crashing anymore. Not going to update this software till a fix is apparent.

Where did you get previous version?

What I tried:

1. uninstall leaving user data

2. after installing it was crashing

3. Uninstalled with user data

4. Installed and it was not crashing till PC restarted.

5. After PC restart crashing again.

2.22.83 - 100% crash rate, same "QML ListView: Binding loop detected for property "model"" error as everyone else. Never crashed at startup with prior versions.

Deleting Roaming data allows the program to work, but blows away all profiles, not an option.

Reverting to 2.21.67, no crashing there.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=135046

Seems like the issue I was having has gone on for a while for some.

I tried a bunch of different things over the past few days...

-Uninstalled USB Root Hub in Windows Device Manager

-Uninstalled USB Composite Driver in Windows Device Manager

-Tried many different versions of CUE as far back as ~2.16

People with Steelseries keyboards had this issue as well and they tried to address it: https://support.steelseries.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002577172-How-to-fix-lock-lights-not-functioning-on-keyboards-after-updating-to-Windows-10-Fall-Creators-Update

It seems like it's a Windows 10 issue after the Creators Update, but I have seen people having the issue on forums dated earlier than that update (for ex this thread: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=135046).

The only workaround that works for me and was plugging my keyboard into my only USB 3.1 Gen 2 port. I have 5 other USB 3.1 Gen 1 (or USB 3.0) ports and none of them seemed to work. My lock/indicator lights kept freezing.

My motherboard is the Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7.

Can be this be fixed with an update to CUE/drivers? It's kind of annoying I can only use 1 port on my motherboard for it to work properly and I have to eat my fastest port up (although I don't use much I/O devices through USB esp with that speed).

Since updating to this version of CUE from the immediate prior version, my K95 RGB Platinum will no longer display static colors. When set to static, the keys go dark. I've tried software/hardware saved settings, deleting all my settings, resetting my settings, uninstall and reinstalling, previous version of CUE, two CUE versions back, and forcing a reinstall of the firmware through CUE.

Resetting the firmware got me closest. For a brief moment, my keyboard lit correctly, then went back to being dark.

I just tried the 2.23.40 test release as well, and don't know what else to try. Other effects work, and 2.23.40 version doesn't crash changing between menus anymore. But I'd really like my static color back and I'm not sure what else to do.

The main problem I have with this new version of cue is that my mouse becomes unresponsive in games, for instance mass effect andromeda, I can load the game etc as soon as I enter a match, nothing works on my mouse and have to alt/delete to get out of game.

The main problem I have with this new version of cue is that my mouse becomes unresponsive in games, for instance mass effect andromeda, I can load the game etc as soon as I enter a match, nothing works on my mouse and have to alt/delete to get out of game.

Which Corsair CUE devices are connected?

• Corsair Employee

This is an odd problem. Does your mouse work when CUE is not running?

This is an odd problem. Does your mouse work when CUE is not running?

The mouse Glaive works fine when cue is not running in games, desktop side it is absolutely fine with cue, for example everyday browsing, general tasks, just seems in game, I tried the scimitar that was the same along side the Sabre RGB, M65 RGB, reverted to version 2.21.67 and everything is ok, basically the new version when I load a game and that is fine, I enter a match say multiplayer and wham nothing works cannot fire with the left button or do anything, keyboards ok and the Void Wireless headset, cannot work it out, just the mouse, first time i have come across this, all my corsair peripherals are up to date firmware wise etc. I haven't tried the new version you posted above, to be honest. I didn't know if that version is just related to the crashing side.

I have tried the version above 2.23.40 and it works fine no problems whatsoever in game, perfectomondo

Since updating to this version of CUE from the immediate prior version, my K95 RGB Platinum will no longer display static colors. When set to static, the keys go dark. I've tried software/hardware saved settings, deleting all my settings, resetting my settings, uninstall and reinstalling, previous version of CUE, two CUE versions back, and forcing a reinstall of the firmware through CUE.

Resetting the firmware got me closest. For a brief moment, my keyboard lit correctly, then went back to being dark.

I just tried the 2.23.40 test release as well, and don't know what else to try. Other effects work, and 2.23.40 version doesn't crash changing between menus anymore. But I'd really like my static color back and I'm not sure what else to do.

To follow-up on this, the keyboard apparently displays the correct static colors until I log into Windows. The keyboard goes dark as the desktop is loaded. Again, no problems until installing CUE 2.22.83.

For people experiencing crashes, try this new version:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ragbqbl92of6vpm/CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.23.40_release.msi?dl=0

I want to know if it resolves your problem.

This appeared to fix the crashing. Thank you.

Though it appears if I close CUE and reboot my PRO Void headphones or PC my saved settings don't stick and I have to open CUE again. Is this normal?

I think I figured out why my num, caps, scroll lock lights keep freezing. After using a different keyboard for several days in one USB port with no issues, the K70 when plugged in the same port had the lock lights freeze within minutes.

I tried uninstalling/killing the CUE process and used the default lighting and have not had the problem again. Can this be addressed in a future update? This is really annoying. I've seen threads here and there of others having this issue dating back to 2014.

Edit: Found this http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=132322 lol seems like issues with some USB connections have been an issue for a while. Can this be fixed through software?

Edit2: Tried some other USB ports on my PC, 2 froze relatively quick when spamming caps lock, the rest seemed okay (I'd have to test longer than just spamming it to really see I guess). Plugged back into original USB configuration that was giving me issues (keyboard in same port, mouse in same port, all others same spot etc) and spamming it like crazy and haven't seen it freeze yet. I really don't know what is causing this I think that's what is driving me crazy most about this.

Edit3: Nope, having issues on every USB 3.0 port on my rear I/O lol..

^^ all the USB ports I am using are USB 3.0 and I am using only the keyboard connector for USB, no pass through plugged in.

Archived