Corsair Community

LL120 RGB Mounting Screw Problem + Other Questions

Eatdamuffin

Hey, I just got a 3 pack of the LL120 RGB fans and the screws for mounting to your case are being very difficult to screw in, almost as if the fan holes aren't threaded properly.

I had no issues with the hardware that came with my rad but when I tried to just use the screws it came with to mount to my bare case without rad I couldn't get them to thread properly. Do I push a bit harder on them or are my fans screw holes just defective?

Second question: If I have 6x LL120s RGB and 1x LL140 RGB does that mean I need to use both RGB LED Hubs and connect them both to lighting node pro? Or can I say use some sort of splitter for RGB 6 slot and run two rgb fans off that one?

Alternatively can I connect the last fan to the 2nd slot on the lighting node pro?

Third Question: The Smarthub says: 3 x Fan channels with Max 10W per channel output *Note: If a splitter is used, fan control is regulated depending on the fan connected to the 4-pin port. Do not use low-noise adapters. How many LL fans can I connect to each channel with a splitter? 3 or 2?

Edited by Eatdamuffin

Hey, I just got a 3 pack of the LL120 RGB fans and the screws for mounting to your case are being very difficult to screw in, almost as if the fan holes aren't threaded properly.

I had no issues with the hardware that came with my rad but when I tried to just use the screws it came with to mount to my bare case without rad I couldn't get them to thread properly. Do I push a bit harder on them or are my fans screw holes just defective?

Neither; that's normal.

Second question: If I have 6x LL120s RGB and 1x LL140 RGB does that mean I need to use both RGB LED Hubs and connect them both to lighting node pro? Or can I say use some sort of splitter for RGB 6 slot and run two rgb fans off that one?

It means that you'd need to use a second fan hub. Now, I have seen splitters for the Fan RGB cables at ModDIY but I doubt that's a supported setup and I cannot attest to whether or not it actually works.

Personally, I am also running 7 LL RGB fans ... across two hubs. I split them logicially ... 4 in the front and 3 in the back (radiator push and rear exhaust).

Alternatively can I connect the last fan to the 2nd slot on the lighting node pro?

Nope, must be to a fan hub. (OK, technically, you might be able to get away with wiring it but again, not supported and can't say for certain that it works and that's not the design use case).

Third Question: The Smarthub says: 3 x Fan channels with Max 10W per channel output *Note: If a splitter is used, fan control is regulated depending on the fan connected to the 4-pin port. Do not use low-noise adapters. How many LL fans can I connect to each channel with a splitter? 3 or 2?

What is this Smarthub that you speak of?

Neither; that's normal.

It means that you'd need to use a second fan hub. Now, I have seen splitters for the Fan RGB cables at ModDIY but I doubt that's a supported setup and I cannot attest to whether or not it actually works.

Personally, I am also running 7 LL RGB fans ... across two hubs. I split them logicially ... 4 in the front and 3 in the back (radiator push and rear exhaust).

Nope, must be to a fan hub. (OK, technically, you might be able to get away with wiring it but again, not supported and can't say for certain that it works and that's not the design use case).

What is this Smarthub that you speak of?

The smart hub in the H700i. Basically a glorified fan hub and kinda partially a Hue+ for running NZXT strips and RGB fans off. It then uses "smart" CAM software to tune the fans for optimal noise and fan speed.

But basically what I want to do is connect the PWM connectors on the Corsair fans to it but each channel is only rated for 10 watts where as if I put 3 fans on one channel it'll be 10.8 watts. Not sure if that's okay considering I doubt the fans will be using 10.8 each time and only on one channel? The other two channels will have 2 fans.

Also I figured out the screws, the first pack of LL120 RGBs it was incredibly hard to tap them with the included screws. I had to use an electric screwdriver.

When the second pack came in and the LL140 RGB I bought they were much easier and I could do them by hand.