Corsair Community

Broken H55

cyberpunk

Recently my factory refurbished H55 of 2 years started acting up and died. It started making a gurgling sound like there was air in the pump or something, but after a few days it became worse and progressed into bad. Now it makes more of a clicking sound like the pump motor is bad and it is no longer effective. I ordered a new H60 and stopped using my computer until it arrives. I was wondering if the H55 is fixable or permanently dead, and if my assumptions about the pump motor being bad are correct. Here videos of the sounds it makes:

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

Note that it's not the fans making the noise (for the most part)

No, that is not promising at all. Can it be fixed? Possibly by someone, but not likely either you or me. These things are deliberately difficult to take apart and avoiding damage takes a lot of practice. I would put it in the science experiment category where success is long shot. From a practicality standpoint, the repair option makes no sense unless you have easy, cheap access to replacement parts and the skill to do it.

For nearly everyone, it is more cost effective to replace it. I don't know how long the warranty is on the refurb. products, but it might be worth a look or an email to Tech Support.

Edited by c-attack