Corsair Community

Setup problems - How can I do this??

DangerClose

I have an AX1600i on the way. I have an H115i Pro RGB, and 6 LL140 RGB fans in my case.

My Rampage VI Extreme motherboard only has 1 internal USB 2.0 header.

How could I get all of these devices connected so I can manage them in Corsair Link? Could I buy 2 Commander Pros? Daisy chain one into the other so I can connect my PSU, AIO, and fan controller? Would that even work?

I don't think it will be necessary to daisy chain. The Commander Pro has two USB inputs. One for the AX1600, one for H115i Pro. The LL fans will connect to a small "light box" which then connects to the C-Pro through a different connection on the end.

Since you are likely to be buying the LL fans in multi-packs, you should get at least one Lighting Node Pro (LNP) in the kit. If for whatever reason you need to daisy chain, that can connect to the C-Pro and then other things to it. I'll leave the details to those that are currently doing this.

The H115i Pro RGB is a new cooler that has a different protocol than the old Corsair coolers. I have never played with one so cant' say for sure that this new device requires anything special, but I don't think it does.

You have 6 x LL140 RGB fans. Did you buy them in the 2-packs that come with a Lighting Node Pro (No-Pro) and a 6-Port LED Hub? If so, if you buy a Commander Pro (Co-Pro), then you will have more than all the hardware you need.

First - Power

Get the Co-Pro and power it from the system PSU with a SATA power cable - do not use a Molex adapter as the Co-Pro uses the 3.3 VDC rail that is present in a SATA power cable but not in a Molex adapter.

The H115i also needs a SATA Power Connector so go ahead and get that plugged into PSU SATA Power next.

Next, get one of the 6-Port LED Hubs that should have come in the 2-Packs of LL fans. This also requites SATA Power so get that plugged into another SATA Power connector from the PSU. Once the Co-Pro, the H115i cooler pump and the LED hub are all plugged into SATA power, you are done with power.

USB2.0

Now plug the USB cable from the H115i pump into one of the USB2.0 ports on the Co-Pro. Plug the USB cable from your AX1600i into the other USB2.0 port on the Co-Pro. Plug the Co-Pro USB cable into your MOBO USB2.0 header. If you still want/need more internal USB2.0 ports, but an NZXT internal USB2.0 hub.

https://www.nzxt.com/products/internal-usb-hub

FAN Power

Now plug the fan PWM cables into the 6 fan ports on the Co-Pro. Keep track of the order you plug them in as you will need this info in the next step.

LED Power/Data

Next, plug the 6 fan LED data/power cables into the 6 ports on the LED hub. It is IMPORTANT that you plug the LED cables into the LED hub IN THE SAME ORDER that you plug the PWM power cables into the Co-Pro fan ports. Now plug the LED Hub LED cable into LED Port 1 of the Co-Pro.

If you are (understandably) confused, take a look at this link and the pic below from that link (kudos to forum member Zotty for providing these diagrams). That should explain it better that I can.

attachment.php?attachmentid=32080&stc=1&d=1516556456

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Once all of this is done, boot up and run Corsair Link. You will have to "tell" link how many and what type of fans are connected. I don't use Link so I will have to defer to others who are proficient at how to go about this but it should be pretty straightforward. With a little luck, you should be good to go.

Also, you should still have 3 x No-Pros and 2 x LED Hubs left over from the 3 2-packs of LL140 RGB fans. If you want to add LED strips, you still have an unused LED port on the Co-Pro and 3 No-Pros. That is enough Corsair LED control hardware to go totally crazy, as I did.

Sorry if this all sounds confusing. It is cumbersome to try to type out. The diagrams Zotty developed should really help you out. Have fun and Good luck!;):

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=174049

1302619566_CorsairWiringExample1.thumb.jpg.f214eb81ec90abccb1a29aee50b758b7.jpg

You actually have several options.

One is an internal USB hub (https://www.nzxt.com/products/internal-usb-hub).

One is, as you mentioned the Commander Pro (CoPro). You could daisy chain two of them but that seems a little silly just for the extra USB ports. And, really, you won't need to do that even for the extra USB ports.

Now ... here's a little secret: even though the cooler and the PSU say that they require a full USB header, they really don't. They only use one of the USB ports on the header (it has two). So you can use something like this to hook two of the devices into a single motherboard USB header. Note: this does require that you are familiar with how the wiring is configured! In fact, I have my HX1200i and my H115i PRO connected to the same internal USB header on my CoPro using just such a cable.

With all of that said, you would only need two internal USB headers for the PSU and AIO. The Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) that's connected to your fan hub would be replaced, completely, by the CoPro. So you could actually remove the NoPro from your system.

Now ... here's a little secret: even though the cooler and the PSU say that they require a full USB header, they really don't. They only use one of the USB ports on the header (it has two).

Good point. I forgot about that. More options!

Wow! Thank you so much for the detailed answers guys. I did not know the LL fans can use that little connector on the CPro. I also like the idea of the internal USB hub, I think I'll go that route. It will give me future options as well, since this board only has one. :)

You guys rock!

Wow! Thank you so much for the detailed answers guys. I did not know the LL fans can use that little connector on the CPro. I also like the idea of the internal USB hub, I think I'll go that route. It will give me future options as well, since this board only has one. :)

You guys rock!

I bought that USB hub, it's a lifesaver.