Corsair Community

I am building a gaming pc.

CPU - i7-8700 (non K)

CPU-C - Noctua Processor - NH-D15S

Case - Cooler Master Maker 5t

PSU - Corsair RM650X

RAM - Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3200MHz 2x8 (thanks for corsair LP :))

Mobo - ASUS MAXIMUS X HERO

GPU - Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti Gaming Advanced (vertically mounted)

I plan on putting Corsair case fans;

- x3 fans to front (intake) (when I mount DVD rom I go for x2 fans as intake)

- x2 fans to top (exhaust)

-x1 fan at rear (exhaust)

I like to mount LED RGB 120/140

I will check the local price where I live and try to buy RGB fans.

If its bit expensive then I go for non LED.

Would you recommend me which RGB/non RGB fans best for CM Maker 5t case?

Also I like to control the fans speed by software (which PWM fans to go?)

Better cooling performance/ not much noise are important for me.

cany anyone help me with this?!

Check out the FAQ link in my sig ... many of your questions will be answered there.

If you want software control for the fans, you'll want to consider the Commander Pro (CoPro). This will give you control over the fans (via Link) as well as control over the lighting (again, via Link) with one device.

For noise, nothing beats the ML series of fans. That said, both the HD and the LL series are also pretty quiet and perform well. All three are PWM controlled.

Check out the FAQ link in my sig ... many of your questions will be answered there.

If you want software control for the fans, you'll want to consider the Commander Pro (CoPro). This will give you control over the fans (via Link) as well as control over the lighting (again, via Link) with one device.

For noise, nothing beats the ML series of fans. That said, both the HD and the LL series are also pretty quiet and perform well. All three are PWM controlled.

Thank you, Can I pick all 6 fans ML series? I mean for intake and exhaust?

Thank you, Can I pick all 6 fans ML series? I mean for intake and exhaust?

You can, yes. Keep in mind that they are most expensive of the lot and the LL and HD series do have better effects ... and both would also likely be perfectly sufficient for your needs. But ... definitely up to you. The LL and HD series are a little louder, for sure, so if quiet is feature #1 on the list, ML is the way to go.

You can, yes. Keep in mind that they are most expensive of the lot and the LL and HD series do have better effects ... and both would also likely be perfectly sufficient for your needs. But ... definitely up to you. The LL and HD series are a little louder, for sure, so if quiet is feature #1 on the list, ML is the way to go.

cool, then I go non RGB ML :) i can save some money than cooler master fans :)

Keep in mind the non-RGB ML series are high RPM. No need to run them in the upper ranges for 99.9% of people, but you definitely need PWM fan controllers (all your board headers qualify) and even then some still ask the fans to do a power test on wake/boot taking them up to 2000/2400 max. It only lasts a second, but some people really hate this for whatever reason. For what it's worth, my new Code X does not do this, so Asus may be finally ironing out some of those quirks.

Keep in mind the non-RGB ML series are high RPM. No need to run them in the upper ranges for 99.9% of people, but you definitely need PWM fan controllers (all your board headers qualify) and even then some still ask the fans to do a power test on wake/boot taking them up to 2000/2400 max. It only lasts a second, but some people really hate this for whatever reason. For what it's worth, my new Code X does not do this, so Asus may be finally ironing out some of those quirks.

To c-attack's point, I was testing my ML-120 at 1600 RPM max (to match the ML RGB series max speed). There wasn't much difference in performance (about 1C of radiator temperature) and it was much quieter. You do get diminishing returns as you ramp up fan speed if you have a good radiator fan like the MLs.