Corsair Community

Syncing fans with x2 Commander Pro's

Deenoga

Hello,

Is it possible for more than 6 fans to all be in sync with each other using 2 Commander Pro's? I hope I'm just missing something simple.

Thanks.

To maybe answer someones first question here is all that I'm connecting: -

x5 Corsair HD140mm fans

x3 Corsair HD120mm fans

x4 Corsair RBG strips (the expansion kit without Lighting Node)

x1 Corsair Airflow kit

With

x2 Commander Pro

x2 Lighting Controller (came with fans)

You won't be able to sync channel effects across different channels if that's what you are looking for.

If it's a single effect (for example, rainbow wave), you can get pretty darn close. You can also copy effects between channels using the Copy To functionality.

Yeah that's what I was looking to do. Currently have it set to the Temperature effect which is fine, but would be nice to be able to choose whatever I wanted.

To jump in with another question is it at all possible to sync up the Corsair Utility Engine for the lights on the keyboard to match the PC?

Also, is it possible to sync with Asus' Aura software?

Fully expecting both of those questions to be a No but if I don't ask I'll never know for sure!

Thanks again.

Yeah that's what I was looking to do. Currently have it set to the Temperature effect which is fine, but would be nice to be able to choose whatever I wanted.

To jump in with another question is it at all possible to sync up the Corsair Utility Engine for the lights on the keyboard to match the PC?

Not at this time. But they demo'd something called "SyncIt" which would do that. We're all drooling waiting for it.

Also, is it possible to sync with Asus' Aura software?

No. The whole RGB ecosystem is pretty varied and there isn't good interoperability between the different vendors right now. It would be nice tho.

Fully expecting both of those questions to be a No but if I don't ask I'll never know for sure!

Thanks again.

Definitely better to ask! That's why this forum exists! :D:

In case you havn't got it this way already

If you have both Your RGB Fan LED hubs on the same Commander the two sync fairly well and makes copying too easier.. Strips on the other commander.. I have it this way but have a Node for my strips (2 in fact lol) running 16 strips.

Archived