Corsair Community

Hydro 150i Pro RGB / 760t V2 case combo

a7mag3ddon

Hello

I need some advice on the 150i cooler with a 760t V2 case.

My question is, do i fit the fans underneath radiator so the rad is against the holes in the top of the case (air out the case), or fans to the top then radiator underneath (air being drawn into the case and through the rad).

And lastly with a radiator fitted to the top of the case do i remove the magnetic fit plastic panel, or leave in place? I notice that there seems to be space for air to flow out but not sure.

Thanks for reading.

I fitted the cooler, it's very impressive temperature wise, however I have one very disappointing niggle with it

Given that the case is designed for a 360mm radiator the last fan on the end is too thick and means I have to remove my Blu-ray writer. I can't believe corsair missed that when designing the case/cooler. It was there flagship case a couple of years ago.

Do corsair make thin fans that are 120mm ? I only need about 10-15mm and I can move the BD drive down one bay, and move my removable hdd caddy up one and all will be well.

Should I contact support and ask what they suggest. ?

It's not a design flaw. If you want a 360mm cooler, you need to give up something. 360mm radiator capability was not overly common until recently this is the first Corsair has released. No reason to think they should made the case compatible for things they don't sell 4-5 years in advance.

There are some 15mm thick fans out there, but Corsair does not make any. It will need to be PWM to be controlled by the H150i. Be warned, 15mm thick fans do not work particularly well on radiators and the decrease in thickness has a direct effect on the pressure. However, on a 360mm radiator, one single 120x120x15 should not overly affect the end CPU temps.

You might also consider an external DVD/Blue-Ray drive. That time is coming where cases will no longer have the internal bays for them. You can also take the option I often do. I leave a SATA data cable hooked into the board so I can plug my internal drive in on those rare occasions when I need to burn a few CDs.

I'm afraid i'm going to have to respectfully disagree with your statement about the compatibility and the design flaw, simply because page 5 of the corsair 760T manual states that the case is designed for 240/280/360mm radiators in the top. Meaning it must have been designed with a water cooler in mind (even if corsair hadn't released one at that point) They even have the holes in the right place, rubber mounts for the screws etc, removable top panel if you do fit a rad up top to let the air in/out.

The manual should have really stated that if fitting a 360mm radiator then you loose the use of the top optical drive bay (although the drive will fit in another bay but not the hole cover/flap with button as its made only to fit the top slot), had it done so i would have at least weighed up my options.

Whats more annoying is if they had moved the mount holes about 15 mm farther back towards the rear it wouldnt have been a problem, and off the top of my head the case length is almost 600mm with loads of room for that.

Admittedly i rarely use my blu ray writer only when testing installs of windows / linux as i like to have them on disk (i could use USB i suppose).

I'll get my verniers out later and get a precise measurement or maybe fit the rad the opposite way round so that the in/out pipes are the end nearest the drive bays, i just thought it looked neater with the pipes at the other end.

My last case did have a sata socket on the outside but the 760T doesnt. I will take the case out of its cubby hole and re-asses later. Ill measure what would happen with the pipes the opposite end and see. Taking it all apart again doesnt thrill me though, i took my time with it, re-arranging cables etc and it took me 2 hrs just short.

Edited by a7mag3ddon

• Corsair Employees

Admittedly i rarely use my blu ray writer only when testing installs of windows / linux as i like to have them on disk (i could use USB i suppose).

This would be the practical solution to your situation.

On that same regard, the 360rad fitment on top of the case was not an oversight. You said it yourself, you can still put an optical drive just not the top part. Technically, the case can accommodate 240/280/360 rad it has the layout for all 3 configurations.