Corsair Community

Mem Test Errors

• Corsair Employee
Can you tell me the module part# and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

• 1 month later...
Can you tell me the module part# and the make and model of MB you have along with the CPU speed and it’s FSB as well? In addition, please tell me the bios settings you have set for both CPU and memory and any performance settings that you may have set?

I have an Abit IS7-E motherboard with a 2.8ghz pentium 4 chip, FSB 800 mhz. My ram is two sticks of corsair xms 512, CMX512 - 3200C2PT. all of my bios settings are the originals, i didn't try anything fancy with this.

• Corsair Employee

Please make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup/Optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to + 2.7 Volts and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

Dim Voltage 2.7 Volts

SDRAM Bank cycle time (or tRAS): 6

SDRAM Bank Interleave: 4

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3

SDRAM RAS-to-CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2

• 4 weeks later...
set the Dim Voltage to + 2.7 Volts and test the modules one at a time with http://www.memtest.org.

Dim Voltage 2.7 Volts

SDRAM Bank cycle time (or tRAS): 6

SDRAM Bank Interleave: 4

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3

SDRAM RAS-to-CAS Delay (tRCD): 3

SDRAM CAS Latency: 2

The voltage being lower than recommended could cause errors.

• Corsair Employee
And please set the memory frequency manually as well. And please make sure that you do not have any of the performance options set in the bios just load optimized/setup defaults and then set the timings and voltage and freq. manually then test the modules one at a time.

And please set the memory frequency manually as well. And please make sure that you do not have any of the performance options set in the bios just load optimized/setup defaults and then set the timings and voltage and freq. manually then test the modules one at a time.

all that i just did, came up with more errors than i started with. i haven't tried to overclock this memory or do anything to it.

david schaffner

Archived