Corsair Community

Bad SO-DIMM Module

Shalafi

I'd like to say first that I find it funny that I need to post a message to a forum in order to get an answer from someone about a possibly memory problem I'm having. Nevertheless, here goes...

1 GB SO-DIMM VS1GSDS333 Memory Stick

It's giving me fits in my eMachines M6805. I'm only able to boot just past the BIOS before I get the "blue screen of death" and the computer reboots.

It works fine with the 256Meg stick from eMachines, and I've had the HD and Mobo replaced.

I'm looking to get a RMA to send this puppy back for another one. Thanks.

Here's what I have (I also posted this in the Customer Care forum to make sure...)

1 GB SO-DIMM VS1GSDS333 Memory Stick

It's giving me fits in my eMachines M6805. I'm only able to boot just past the BIOS before I get the "blue screen of death" and the computer reboots.

It works fine with the 256Meg Samsung stick that came from eMachines, and I've had the HD and Mobo replaced already so I know it's not those.

I'm looking to get a RMA to send this puppy back for another one. Thanks.

• Corsair Employee
Have you tried the 1GB SODIMM module by itself, if not then please do so, if you did already I suggest we get it replaced! Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Yes I did, but I won't tell eMachines that since it would void my laptop warranty. :p: The M6805 has a very nasty configuration. One SO-DIMM chip is very easy to get to, the other one takes quite a bit of time to pull out.

I've tried the Corsair memory in both and I'm getting the same problem.

Thanks.

• Corsair Employee
Well the message is a bit long winded, but if you wait and let it play through you will have the option to choose Tech support Option "2" and then we answer most calls with in three rings about 80% to be exact. If we are all on the phone it will direct you to our voice mail and we call every one back with in 12 hours usually sooner. 100%. If you leave a message and do not get a call back, we had a wrong #, so speak slowly and clearly!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived