Corsair Community

A very simple question about commander

Kapitikarl

Hi All,

I noticed that the HD RGB fans work in corsair link and commander now.

I have a corsair mini commander which is now a few years old - currently it controls LED lights and temperature sensors.

If I switched back to corsair fans, would I need to purchase the "commander pro" controller and do away with my mini commander?

Cheers all,

• Corsair Employees
Hi All,

I noticed that the HD RGB fans work in corsair link and commander now.

I have a corsair mini commander which is now a few years old - currently it controls LED lights and temperature sensors.

If I switched back to corsair fans, would I need to purchase the "commander pro" controller and do away with my mini commander?

Cheers all,

Hi there, for HD RGB fans to be controlled in CORSAIR LINK, you'll need either the new Commander PRO or a Lighting Node PRO. The Commander Mini does not support individually addressable RGB LEDs which are used in the HD, SP, LL, ML RGB fans.

If you'd like to keep using the Commander Mini, but want to control the lighting of the HD fans, I'd suggest looking at the Lighting Node PRO as an option if your case has space to tuck it in a corner somewhere.

Cheers buddy - will be while before I can afford to kit out my pc (got 5X120 and 3X140 to replace). Loving the look of the LL fans too.

That's a lot of fans!

So ... here's some additional tips:

1) In addition to the Lighting Node Pro (NoPro) or Commander Pro (CoPro), you'll need 2 RGB Fan Hubs. A single fan hub comes with the multi packs of all of the fans. The LL and ML fans also come with an NoPro. The HD and SP fans come with a push button controller. You'll need 2 of them because a single fan hub will support up to 6 RGB Fans.

2) Both the NoPro and the CoPro have 2 RGB LED channels. Each channel supports a single fan hub (or up to 4 RGB Strips).

3) The LL fans are gorgeous HOWEVER ... they only light up on one side (the intake). So they don't work in every scenario - like bottom intake or radiator pull. The HD fans have a clear frame and light up both sides.

A push button controller? Still? I thought they were connectable to Link now.

They are all connectable to Link. However, the SP and the HD fans don't require Link ... you can do some limited effects and colors with the push-button controller.

Shame about the LL's being only one sided - that is a show stopper for me.

Why is that? Certainly, it's a consideration when planning your system but don't let that stop you from the gorgeousness. A mix of both isn't a bad thing and can be quite stunning.