Corsair Community

H150i Pro - Upgrade from scratched block h100i v2 on a 7980xe

Hazeno

Ok guys. I've been waiting since I saw the leak for the H150i Pro to get my hands on one. And scan have them in stock.

My current h100i v2 has a scratch on the block and my temps are horrendous. Also tempted to change case from the Alpha 550. Anything in white BAR the Thermwltake tower anyone can think of?

Specs are as follow.

Lian Li Alpha 550 case

I9 7980XE

Asus Rampage VI Extreme

64 gb Trident Z

3x 960 Pro

1x 850 Pro

2x 6tb WD

1080ti HOF.

I idle at 40 degrees at 3.4ghz which isn't awful. But I know my h100iv2 has had its day. Would you utilise the front intakes for pull? And exhaust through the top. Or H150i on top exhausting.

Currently my case top gets warm and I mean warm die to the rad on the v2. So I'm thinking pull in cold to the rad front ways and exhaust through top and back via 4x LL 120s.

Obviously an AIO on such a power hungry CPU isn't ideal and a full loop is key. But I carry my pc to my Missus once a week as I spend 4 days there 3 at home. And can't risk hurting a full loop.

Literally just bought the pro from scan and 7 LL120 to replace my HD120s. Thoughts?

Also if I wanted to push pull would using splitters be advisable on the 3x 4 pin headers on the h100i? Or Should I use my fan controller for the rog board.

With 3 GPUs dumping heat into the system, I'd run the radiator as intake if at all possible. Otherwise you'll have to contend with the heat from the GPUs actually warming up the coolant and that's going to have a pretty detrimental impact on your performance.

Not sure if that is 3 GPUs, but even a single Ti can have some effect. Still, if you are not happy with what's happening now, perhaps a change is in order. If the 360 fits up top, give it a go. You can use the LL series on it. Lian Li cases generally run warm, so perhaps a little more direct cooling from an unobstructed front 3x120 will keep the m.2 drives and everything else a bit cooler. I would prefer a 280 or 360 on a 7980x anyway. This should be an improvement.

If you are referring to the TT's big tower, that is a whole different set-up. I have not worked with it, but all the rads go in the back half away from heat components. Not sure that qualifies as portable though.

Not sure if that is 3 GPUs, but even a single Ti can have some effect. Still, if you are not happy with what's happening now, perhaps a change is in order. If the 360 fits up top, give it a go. You can use the LL series on it. Lian Li cases generally run warm, so perhaps a little more direct cooling from an unobstructed front 3x120 will keep the m.2 drives and everything else a bit cooler. I would prefer a 280 or 360 on a 7980x anyway. This should be an improvement.

If you are referring to the TT's big tower, that is a whole different set-up. I have not worked with it, but all the rads go in the back half away from heat components. Not sure that qualifies as portable though.

Yep it's only 1 1080ti and until my agree that a 280 or 360mm rad on this CPU is definitely in order.

There's only 1 way to test. Run it front I take and top outtake. See how my temps focus for the m.2 CPU rad and gpu in each configuration.

VRMs are the most heat. Man they sit warm at 65c but this is consistent and normal.

I read 3x 960 as NVidia 960's. Now it occurs to me that those are Samsung 960's. DOH!

And yes, testing is always a good idea, rather than just assuming. Also, keep in mind that you can sometimes manage the heat from the GPU through good airflow as well ... and don't neglect the importance of a good exhaust fan. (With all of the intake that I have in my system, it's the rear exhaust that has the most impact on the radiator temperature.)

If you can, monitor the case interior temperature ... your motherboard has TWO temperature sensor connectors and you'll be able to control your fans with at least one of them, if not both.

Archived