Corsair Community

CMR16GX4M2C3466C16 problem with xmp and high dpc latency

negativemusicpl

Hello, i have problem with my new mem cards, after set xmp profile i get problem with high dcp latency and sounds problem, my motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Gaming Ultra, CPU: i7-8700k, PSU: SilentumPC Vero L1, AIO: NZXT Kraken x62, RAM: CMR16GX4M2C3466C16, Graphic card: MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC, please, help me... in stock setting i dont have a problem, only when i set xmp in bios.

I only ran into this issue once or twice myself, once on a Gigabyte Z170X-Ultra Gaming with DDR4-3600+ memory. In my case it was caused by wonky memory training during POST, that resulted in some timings being way off. Overall memory performance was pretty bad and DPC was spiking every now and then. In general DDR4-3466 shouldn't be a problem for your 8700K, but it might be the board itself. So either manually fix the tertiary timings** if you know how to do that or try to lower memory frequency a notch and see if that improves DPC latency back to normal levels.

If you don't observe memory performance issues, maybe check if enabling the XMP also activated some auto OC feature and therewith stability issues.

**these are not part of the XMP, so the memory itself is likely not the issue here